Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | AOR DS3000A, Wideband Discone Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for AOR DS3000A, Wideband Discone Antenna
AOR  DS3000A, Wideband Discone Antenna Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $130.00
Description: The DS3000A antenna is designed to receive across the frequency range of 75MHZ to 3000MHZ (3GHz) employing a compact discone configuration...Includes 10M (32.8 feet) of low loss RG58A/U coax cable terminated in a N connector ..Can also Transmit on 144, 430, 904, and 1200 MHz ham bands(under 50 watts)..Stainless Steel Construction..Antenna is only 2.9 feet tall and Weighs only 1.55 lbs. attaches to any standard mast from 0.8-1.5 inches with suppied U-bolts.
More info: http://www.aorusa.com

You can write your own review of the AOR DS3000A, Wideband Discone Antenna.

KA1KUL Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2011 17:59 Send this review to a friend
Very good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I spent the money for this antenna and it was money well spent. I have been using them now at several residences as I did not take them down when I left...big mistake. I use this antenna with Times Microwave LMR 400 cable which is some of the best cable money can buy. There's no sense in attaching poor cable to a good antenna. it works great on VHF all the way up to 2.4 Ghz. Height is everything with any antenna as well as other objects near it so give it it's own space and as much height as possible and you'll be very pleased with it's performance. I've compared it to the DPD Productions 225-400 Mhz LP MIL AIR antenna and it's close but not quite there. I've also compared it to the Scantenna AKA the ST2 as it's called now and it's performance outshines the ST but not by much up around 900 Mhz. The ST2, for the money is one hell of an antenna especially for lower VHF signals. Remember, height is everything as well as the coax.225-400 Mhz is my favorite listening area and it performs very well there. I can hear aircraft hundreds of miles away. As well we have had substantial winds where I live and it's survived every storm so far and I'm talking 60+ Mph.

N2NJO Rating: 2/5 Sep 2, 2009 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Same as the Apex 703  Time owned: months
Surely looks like the ApexRadio 703G-DA ;

I see a major issue with the lack of radials especially at higher frequencies.

The OP'ers link is dead.

KC8ZEV Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2008 14:41 Send this review to a friend
A Very Well Kept Secret!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Superb, super high quality Wideband antenna. Truly precision made. Outstandinding Japanese craftsmanship. Can be used for so many applications. Serves many roles in my shack. FM Sat operation, local scanner duties, 2M/440 work, ATV uses, model rocket tracking......the list goes on. Would easily be a UHF/VHF workhorse and survive even the most harsh outdoor conditions. Real deal, stainless steel. My antenna has been in continuous service for 4 years..........looks and works like the day it went up. Great, quick field day antenna. Max power TX is 50 watts, that may limit some of it's use. Good to see a N connector, this is where you need it. Feed this antenna with some large hardline coax for eye opening performance. Such a small package. Truly surprised so few reviews. AOR is keeping this antenna too good of a secret!

LEM Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2007 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Superb Quality and Performance !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently added The AOR DS3000A to my antenna line up,,And It works Extremely Well for Receiving,,I can't comment on transmitting which I don't do , Only Receiving on a Scanner. It has very wide band width, 75 mhz to 3000 mhz, if you have need to accomadate some of the Wideband Receivers out there. The Stainless Steel Build quality is excellent !!..I own Icom and Diamond which I consider to be great antennas,,The AOR Antennas in my Opinion are even a Step or two up from the others,,I Recommend the AOR Highly !!