Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | MFJ-492 Menu Driven Memory Keyer Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-492 Menu Driven Memory Keyer
MFJ-492 Menu Driven Memory Keyer Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $109.95
Description: Multi-function memory keyer with buttons to access memories and commands. Expandable to 8000 characters. Optional MFJ-492 Remote Control Box available.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-492

You can write your own review of the MFJ-492 Menu Driven Memory Keyer.

VK5SW Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2008 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This memory keyer is excellent... Once you've learnt the various functions of the memory keyer it's simple to operate and there are many options available... The keying is pleasant, not too hard and it's great to use in a contest... Makes life easier... In summary, it's great...
You can see my station at www.VK5SW.com

VE3FDT Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2007 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Never failed me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Here is one for the MFJ haters: this keyer works, plain and simple. It is very simple and easy to use. It does what you need a keyer to do. And it does it well.

(The other MFJ product that works extremely well for me is the IntelliTuner MFJ-993B.)

I got it used (MFJ-492) on eBay for a really forgettable price. I then purchased the optional memory chip directly from MFJ ($20 made it into MFJ-492X). Optional memory doubles the retained messages to two banks of four messages each for a total of eight. Roughly 8000 characters total.

Lots of features and very easy programming. Then you just push a marked button and off it goes. Speed and volume controls by potknobs.

I have had this keyer for more than a year now and it has never failed. I highly recommend it.

VE3FDT

NV7E Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2007 04:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Keyer  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is one of my favorite ham shack accessories. It is very flexible and easy to use.

I got it used with the optional memory chip installed. With the optional memory you have two banks of four memories each for a total of eight.

It has similar functions to the Logikey K-3 keyer but with this one you just have to push a single button which is marked rather than memorize the command in CW. I got the optional MFJ-78 control box which attaches to any paddle or other surface for easy access to the commands and memories. I have had this product for five years and it has never failed. I highly recommend it.

Note: The MFJ-493, reviewed separately in the keyers and keyboards category, is no longer available.

ZS6SIG