Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | ICOM AH2 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM AH2
ICOM AH2 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $150 Used
Description: 1.8 MHz - 30 MHz remote antenna coupler.
More info: http://www.icom.co.jp/manual/external/transceivers/AH-2.pdf

You can write your own review of the ICOM AH2.

K8IO Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2013 19:03 Send this review to a friend
Workhorse device  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it used about 4 years ago. Along with a 735 and the AH2 controller interface. Has been out in the weather ever since on my tower tuning a 120 foot random wire. Tunes 160 thru 6 meters. Yes 6 meters. I found out I could unplug the interface box and it would interface directly to my 706mkIIg antenna tuner plug on the back of it. The 706 handles the tuning and control chores just fine. Another ICOM workhorse device.

AI4WM Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2012 18:26 Send this review to a friend
It just works  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not much to say about a remote automatic antenna tuner that just works and works and works. I have mine several years and used it mobile and on several antennas around the house on all the HF bands. It will match just about anything quickly.

I do not have the matching antenna. Mobile I used it on a Hustler and on several Ham Sticks.

The tuner is rated at 120 watts maximum and I think 1.5 or 2 to 1 max VSWR.

I switch between this tuner and my AT-150.

N0AZZ Rating: 4/5 Jan 24, 2012 02:38 Send this review to a friend
It Works With Newer Radios  Time owned: more than 12 months
I followed the post below and was able to get the AH-2 to work with several radios my IC-703+, IC-7000 and a FT-847 the mods are simple. I use this at home, in my Motor home and at Field Day where I have an antenna up and running before anyone else.

I bought mine for $150 used a great deal wouldn't sell it for that it's a keeper even today.

KC0AA Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2009 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Oldie but Goodie  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm trying to get back on HF with an antique transceiver (NCX-3) and antenna restrictions. Purchased this unit on EBay from a ham in Canada that purchased it from another ham that had it on a boat. The key to the AH-2 is that it works with any radio (Apply 12v/Ground to IC-735 connector)and has lots of "L" so it doesn't need much wire to load. Of course, we all understand that we need good antennas to get out. This one works perfectly and with a short 50' wire, it loads on all bands. Download the SGC SG-230 SmartTuner manual for excellent antenna suggestions and tips. It can also drive a loop or a dipole. Now I need to get active and maybe replace the NCX-3 some day. 73

NR9R Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2007 10:53 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great remote tuner that has worked flawlessly at the base of a 31 ft vertical wire. They are also pretty cheap on the used market right now. One advantage that this tuner has over the AH3 or AH4 is that it comes with a control box. As a result, you can easily interface it with any brand radio. All that you have to do is buy a female DIN plug and follow the diagram in the manual. From the plug you can wire a key line that goes into your key jack and an ALC feedback cable to control the output. Then you just switch your radio to CW and press tune on the control box and the tuner does the rest. If more info is needed on this feel free to drop me an email.