Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | All Electronics, Van Nuys, Ca Help

Reviews Summary for All Electronics, Van Nuys, Ca
All Electronics, Van Nuys, Ca Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: Parts of all kinds.

You can write your own review of the All Electronics, Van Nuys, Ca.

N2MDV Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2017 08:22 Send this review to a friend
My first choice to search, then others.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Iīve dealt with this company for well over 20 years now. The only time that I gotten bad product was a pick of used power supplies for dirt cheap. They didnīt work, but then again the amount of salvaged good components from them made up for the cost. They are my #1 supply for 12VDC white LEDīs, and other colors. ALL is easy to dealt with as well. I will search them first for items and components, before choosing Mouser, Digikey, or MCM. And, if requested, they still send paper catalogs, and I still find myself browsing them, than spending a few minutes firing up a computer. And, you will never know what theyīll get in surplus products. Some, very useful indeed.

KG5BV Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2015 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Great service, but...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ordered stuff from All Electronics for 35 years, and most of the stuff was well worth the price. But lately I have received items that were damaged or out of spec. But you've got to remember, this is SURPLUS stuff so you are bound to get factory rejects every once in a while. So with this in mind, I gave them a 5. I still order stuff from them all the time, and will continue to do so.

W1ITT Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2014 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Fast, They stock what they advertise.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I placed an order on Thursday and it was complete in my mailbox before lunch on Saturday in Maine, clear across the country, standard First Class mail. They have what they claim to have, and it's all as described, and they don't waste any time getting things out the door. Typically, I need things "yesterday", but this is close enough!

K6LEN Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2011 16:43 Send this review to a friend
One of a kind!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having lived in the Los Angeles area all my life, I have often visited All Electronics throughout the years. I have always found the staff very helpful, but most of all, I just like looking and touching all of the many useful (and not so useful) items that are available. It's really as much of a ham's candy store as spending time at HRO! Oh, and the prices are very reasonable. Not too many places like this around any more, and I always seem to come out of the store with something fun. My highest ratings.

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2011 20:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent source of components  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great prices, fast shipping at low cost, items you just can't find anywhere else, what's not to like? I've been dealing with them for a loooong time, before they were on the web. Never a problem. If someone had a problem with a particular item, I just have to assume the good folks at All Electronics were unaware of the situation (it's not like they get their inventory built to their specifications). They've always been fair with me.

KE2IV Rating: 4/5 Apr 12, 2011 15:55 Send this review to a friend
A useful "grab bag"  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ordered parts from All Electronics for years. My experience has generally been positive -- particularly if it's a part that I can readily match my specs to their description.

Sometimes I've ordered "stuff" that I don't require but looked interesting from the description. In those cases my experiences have been mixed. But since I don't spend any big bucks for such "grab bag" items I can't complain when I've wound up with the occasional clunker.

And sometimes I've gotten items that didn't prove to be what I thought they'd be but somehow turned out to be useful for some previously not thought of purpose.

Read their catalog with a bit of humor -- and contemplate how there must be people out there (like you?) who really do need (want) some of the more oddball stuff they carry.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2011 13:28 Send this review to a friend
ALWAYS Great WService!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The previous review was nothing more than a rant. OF COURSE you will occasionally get a product that is not as depicted. Do you SERIOUSLY expect All Electronics to try out each item before they put it on sale?

I have NEVER had a problem with ANYTHING that I have ever ordered from them.

WA1SEO Rating: 2/5 Apr 11, 2011 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Company...lousy product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First of all, I want to state that I really like All Electronics and have been purchasing things from them for years. I recently made a purchase from them and received the usual great service, unfortunately, with a really poor product.

I purchased a microphone advertised as having a DTMF keypad. When I opened it up to figure out how to rewire it to suit my needs, it became apparent that it had just the keypad but no electronics to support the DTMF function. OK, I thought, I'll use the cable to repair my current microphone. I've used Ericsson products in the past and they're usually high quality. All of the wiring must have been prestretched because as soon as I went to unsolder a wire, the insulation melted back over an inch. So much for using the cable.

I regret having to ruin their 5/5 rating but in my opinion, if you advertise a product in QST for Amateur use, it should be up to the task. This product wasn't and it would have cost me more to return it than the cost of the mic.

KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2011 17:29 Send this review to a friend
One of the Best to work with  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been doing Business with All Electronics for years. Always prompt and accurate! very friendly and helpful on the Phone also... Good products.

K1MMI Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2009 00:32 Send this review to a friend
High quality parts at reasonable prices  Time owned: more than 12 months
I think the first time I ordered parts from All Electronics was in 1979. I've placed several orders with them over the years and everytime I have been very satisfied with the quality of the parts and the speed of their service. On most items they charge about 50% of what it would cost at a Radio Shack Store but the quality of a component from All Electronics is definitely better than Radio Shack.