Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | All Electronics, Van Nuys, Ca Help

Reviews Summary for All Electronics, Van Nuys, Ca
All Electronics, Van Nuys, Ca Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: Parts of all kinds.

You can write your own review of the All Electronics, Van Nuys, Ca.

K2MEN Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2008 09:44 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended  Time owned: more than 12 months
Products are good, delivery is prompt. I've been dealing with them for about 4 years. Absolutely no complaints!

W3DBB Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2008 08:17 Send this review to a friend
good company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've probably placed 20 orders with All Electronics over the past 20-25 years and have found them to be consistently a great outfit to deal with.

The only problems I've encountered with All Electronics were the poor quality of their RG-58 coax and PL-259 connectors. Their "JSC Wire & Cable" RG-58 coax appears to have been contaminanted in the manufacturing process. I base this conclusion on the fact this coax was installed all but about 4" within the confines of my vehicle's interior, yet the center conductor and all of the individual strands of the shield grew a black coating on all conductors from end to end over an 18' length. The coax was clean and shiny-bright at installation and the contamination was found 3 years later upon examination of the transmission line when I suspected the performance of my dual band FM rig had degraded. When scraped off the coating looked like carbon powder. The ends of the coax couldn't be completely decontaminated by scraping and solvent cleaning so solderability suffered and I junked the coax. My main concern was the contamination had leeched out into the plastic dielectric material of the RG-58 and upset the velocity of the cable. I hadn't seen this before or since with any brand of coax.

Later on I bought a large quantity of PL-259 connectors from All Electronics Corp. The center insulator appears to be white polystyrene, the same stuff 1:24 scale model cars are molded with. Running 500 Watts p.e.p. output hasn't created any problem for these connectors but I'm not sure I'd trust them at too much higher power. The biggest problem with these connectors is soldering the center conductor and shield without melting the polystyrene center insulator and causing the PL-259's pin to lose concentricity with the rest of the connector. I wound up improvising a jig to use while soldering the shield and center conductor to these connectors. This raised the thermal mass of the assembly being heated, necessitating a larger heating element and/or longer soldering time. The law of diminishing marginal returns begins to kick in.

I never complained to All Electronics about either the quality of their RG-58 or their PL-259s, figuring I got what I paid for. It's my fault in the sense I shouldn't be such a skinflint, and the experience reinforced the point to stick with Amphenol connectors and stay away from private-label coax.

Doug
KA3TGV

KC8SLC Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2008 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been ordering from these guys for a few years now; the service is great, the parts correct, and the delivery prompt!!! Tim.

KG4LAC Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2008 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Good prices, quick service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased several times over the years. Always ship accurate and promptly. Last order several DPDT switches missing (bag of switches opened inside of shipping box) and damaged. Filled out replacement form, sent it to All Electronics and quickly had replacement parts. No questions, no hassle.

AB0RE Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2007 15:38 Send this review to a friend
I hate this company....  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
.... everytime I need "just a few things" from All Electronics it turns into an $80 order, just like that. They've got so much cool stuff, it's hard to stop myself!! My junk drawer has never looked better since finding All Electronics.

I like their flat rate shipping and the fact that they individual wrap and label everything (great for just throwing in with the rest of the stuff and being able to find it later). Their prices are absolutely phenomenal! Most stuff can be had for ~25% of what Radio Shack's prices are. They have a pretty wide inventory selection of individual components (resistors, caps, etc), LEDs, connectors, etc. Their kits are fun to assemble and serve as a great starting point to understanding how electronics work.

Each time I've ordered the order has been sent within 2 business days. The only bad part about All Electronics is they are located in CA and UPS takes fooooooreeeeeeeverrrr to get the package to me.

Dan / ab0re

AA6A Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2007 09:02 Send this review to a friend
Treasure Chest Shopping!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A great place for Treasure Chest shopping! In addition to the regular inventory of items, there's always lots of items to discover by walking through the store, aside from browsing their catalog or website. Their prices are outstanding.

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2007 07:08 Send this review to a friend
Great company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been buying from All Electronics for quite a few years, either by calling my order in by phone or lately by the Internet, and have been consistantly impressed with their prices, merchandise, and promptness in shipping. Only once did they not have an item in stock, and it was shipped a few days later at no additional cost to me. Be sure to check their website for specials that are not in their printed catalogs.

KI4MMM Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2007 05:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've placed three orders with them over the past two months and all have been processed and shipped promptly. All parts a individually baged and labeled. The first two orders were small in size and shipped via USPS Priority, and arrived (from CA) in Georgia three days after order. The third order required a larger box and was shipped via UPS Ground - it took over a week to arrive. Lesson is: if you want it quick, don't add any large parts ;-). Overall I am very happy to have discovered them!

KG6BRG Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2007 06:44 Send this review to a friend
good store  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been shopping there for 20 plus years. Super service and inventory, and always something unique to look at. Too bad HRO moved, they used to be just down the street, that was nice, stop by HRO then All Electronics. Fun way to spend the morning.

N1KSN Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2007 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Fun place to shop  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a customer of All Electronics for many years now. This is my go-to discount electronics parts place, especially for odd-ball items or low-cost components. I enjoy browsing their catalog and website for new treasures to go into my projects or just into my junkbox. Highly recommended.