Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Periodicals | AntenneX Help

Reviews Summary for AntenneX
AntenneX Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$40/year
Description: Online antenna magazine.
More info: http://antennex.com

You can write your own review of the AntenneX.

W5HLP Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2008 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Expensive but worth it.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Antennex is a very specialized product. It is a bit expensive, BUT, everytime I have gone there I have a) found what I needed b)learned something I didn't know and hadn't been specifically looking for. I'm not really disagreeing with the previous reviewer - just adding some comments from my perspective.

AntenneX is about (surprise) Antennas. It is frequently quite technical and quite a bit of the materials requires SOME higher math to follow. Don't let that fool you, there is a wealth of good everyday and incredibly useful knowledge in there. It is also fully searchable, which, personally, is well worth the cost right there.
I have bought quite a few books there - ALWAYS as a download. I already have many many feet of dead trees on bookshelves, with these they all fit in my laptop. I have been able to look up references to antennas on the beach in Florida and on the oil fields north of Edmonton. Personally - I would pay MORE for a downloadable searchable document. I'm not buying dry wood pulp (they have that a Staples), I'm buying information. Many of the books are just not available elsewhere.

K9IUQ Rating: 3/5 Sep 23, 2008 19:03 Send this review to a friend
Too Expen$ive  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kinda Surprised that AntenneX has never been reviewed. It has been around for a while. I subscribed for 1 year a while back. I still have a Guest Membership that lets you read some "old Stuff'. Much of what is on the website is over my head. I am just a average ham. Antennex caters I think to the PHD crowd. However I have learned things reading Antennex. And it can be interesting.

My biggest problem with Antennex is it costs $35 a year. I would rather subscribe to say CQ mag and get a real paper mag I can read in the bathroom :> Also Anntennex sells many "eBooks" which you download and read on the computer. These Ebooks cost as much as Real Dead Tree Books. What is the point? Ebooks in my opinion should be heavily discounted in price compared to paper books.

If Antennex was more reasonable in subscribe price I would probably re-subsribe. If their books were cheaper I would buy some. A decent service with many interesting antenna related articles but for this retired ham it is priced too high.

Rating: 3/5