Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Predator Help

Reviews Summary for Predator
Predator Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$600
Description: Tis is a top preforming Screwdriver antenna.
More info: http://kj9t.150m.com/N9JMX_PREDATOR_DETAIL/gallery.html

You can write your own review of the Predator.

N9IFV Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2009 12:30 Send this review to a friend
I have operated Prdeators for almost 10 years as N9IFV & ZS1E  Time owned: more than 12 months
Since my first Predator I knew it was the best HF mobile antenna out there. Materials and strength of construction have made the Predator the best HF mobile investment especially when you get to the long bands like 40 and 80 and he even has an optional coil for 160m! I have 4 Predators in service, I here in the USA and 3 on vehicles in ZS1 land where I operate as ZS1E. I have used almost every mobile antenna out there including sticks, open coil (which work equally well but without tunability from inside the vehicle), base coils. he Predator is consistently the best thing out there. Easy to use also.

WY3X Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2008 19:02 Send this review to a friend
If I can hear 'em, I can work 'em  Time owned: more than 12 months
The website for this antenna has changed: http://www.kj9t.com/N9JMX_PREDATOR_DETAIL/summary.html

I've had excellent performance out of mine, bought it at Dayton in 2007. It's mounted on a Toyota 4Runner. At first on the Reese hitch, but it cut off access to my tailgate. I welded up a custom mount that bolts to the chassis under the left rear quarter-panel, and it has been at interstate speeds without any additional support. I operate mine with a Tarheel programmable antenna controller, and it performs just as I hoped it would. -KR4WM

W9KQD Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2008 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Great 160 and 80 meter antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
N9JMX Bob's Predator antenna works very well. It is nice to have 1:1 SWR anywhere on 160 and 80 meters. Home brew control box controls resonance and impedance match. The Predator is mounted over 15 radials in the ajoining field. Bob has made an 8 foot extension above the coil and with the 102 inch whip, the entire antenna is 25 ft. tall. The Predator has been exposed to rain and wind without an arc over when high power is applied. This is a well designed screwdriver antenna. With the big Stepper vertical nearby, all bands arecovered and have maximum power capability.
Thanks Bob.......Condo living is more tolerable now.

WA8DBW Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2007 19:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed the Predator on the back of my 38 foot motor home. Wow - what an antenna. Works great on all the bands with SWR of 1.5 or better! We all know a dummy load will give a great SWR also, but this antenna works. First contact on 20 meters was Italy and then went to 75 spoke with a friend in Dayton and received great report again. He thought I was in the house on the 781. I had several people think I was at home on the 781 and AL1200. They found it had to believe I was mobile with the 706 at 100 watts. It appears to be will built and we will see how it stands up over the road.

WX9DX Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2007 02:53 Send this review to a friend
Hmmm?  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had several types of HF antennas. From the single band sticks to the Bug Catchers! Nothing has stood up to my driving habits like this antenna has. Also this one wins shootouts like crazy. You want a top antenna for your vehicle then it costs to have a Signal Boys! You Buy a Great antenna for your house then why not for the car huh? Don't settle on a stick antenna you have to screw with every time you want to change bands. Or don't settle on being the poor signal in a round table. This antenna is like driving around a base station in pile ups and round tables. I've worked France, the UK, Australia and many more places out of the truck driving down the road. Oh and not just for a RST but real QSo's that last!

Jimmy:)