Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Jet Streem JTH2 Help

Reviews Summary for Jet Streem JTH2
Jet Streem JTH2 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $$40
Description: Tri Band antenna for hand held radios. VHF/220/440
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jth2.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jet Streem JTH2.

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a TH-F6A as does a buddy of mine. I have the JTH2 on mine, he has the Diamond on his. In side by side comparisons and switching antennas between radios, we can't find a difference between the two. It is a big improvement over the stock antenna and is the difference between hitting my favorite 222MHz repeater from my house and not getting in. I've used this antenna on an SMA mag mount in my car with good results.
Oh, we did find one difference between the Jetstream and the Diamond; I have more $$$ left in my pocket than he does! Sorry dude!

K6DEA Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2012 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna ✰✰✰✰✰  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've used the Diamond SRH-320A and it seems to be that the JTH2 beats it by one S unit & it also receives better on Shortwave & air band. 5 stars from me ✰✰✰✰✰

W5AOX Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2011 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna, great price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Everyone seems to love the Diamond antennas, probably because they're so expensive they MUST be good. My limited Diamond experience leaves me unimpressed. I have compared the Diamond triband antenna to the Jetstream JTH2 and I much prefer the Jetstream for the following reasons:
Price: Jetstream is about HALF the price of the Diamond antenna
Performance: I could notice no difference in performance in side-by-side comparisons between the Diamond and the Jetstream, and my tests were done with with weak stations on the other end.
Compared to the stock antenna is like night and day: On the Jetstream stations can be heard clearly that don't even break squelch on the stock "duck".
Physical Design: The Jetstream is much more flexible and robust than the Diamond. The Diamond is so rock-stiff about 12" from the radio I always feared to bump into anything for fear of breaking the SMA connector on my TH-F6A. I have a couple years wear and tear on the Jetstream now and it has been caught in doorways, car doors, etc, and still works fine.

KC2IGY Rating: 4/5 Jun 12, 2011 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked this antenna up because the price seemed right despite the mostly mediocre and negative comments I've seen in various forums. I have to say though, it works well for me. I use it on my Yaesu VX-6R. I see a minor improvement on 2M and 440, and a big improvement on 220, when compared to the stock antenna. I also like to monitor the VHF air-band, and it's a major improvement over the stock duck. For the price, I'm happy with it.

K6SRP Rating: 4/5 May 22, 2009 21:05 Send this review to a friend
Good: I Really Like It  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found this worked WAY better than the stock for my F6A. Staions that had so much static before with the stock now come in crystal clear with the radio in the exact same spot.
I tested several places to compare both and found each time that this was better. This is my first non-stock ant though, so I'm unable to compare to Diamond.

KF4TKP Rating: 2/5 Sep 11, 2007 13:21 Send this review to a friend
No difference ??? ....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I don't see a noticeable difference comparing it with the stock HT antenna. Tried it on local 2 meter repeater and no difference. I tried it at the exact same spot I was using the stock HT antenna. Even knowing the Diamond version has great reviews I would like to hear from more users DETAILED reviews how they compared. Radio being used here is the Kenwood TH-F6A - Bought it from R&L even knowing I ordered this a little over a month ago they refused to exchange, so my recommendation is stay away from it and just buy the Diamond.