Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Kenwood TM-V7E Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TM-V7E
Kenwood TM-V7E Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: VHF UHF Dual Bander

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TM-V7E.

GI0ZGB Rating: 4/5 May 5, 2007 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Moody Blue  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this rig as a trade in, apart from the lamentable blue display it has performed superbly.
I've had none of the display problems outlined in the TM-V7A reviews, but the default settings are such that the frequency readout is practically invisible when the rig is first switched on, after a few minutes warm up it may be seen with difficulty. I set mine, dimmer 2, negative, contrast 12, this works fine for me, but it makes me wonder what Kenwood engineers found satisfactory about this display. The rig was modified by Kenwood for extended coverage, 118-1000MHz, but unlike similar mods offered on the Internet, all E functions are available, none are lost to the mod including the 1750Hz toneburst.
The TRX performance is first class, a smidgen better than my IC-7000 on both VHF and UHF, there were no pager breakthrough problems encountered as on my friends Alinco.
I bought a new MC-53DM DTMF mic and that made life much easier, direct frequency entry being very convenient and the backlit keypad was great for mobile use at night.
If this little rig had a decent display I would have no hesitation giving it 5/5 but 4/5 is more appropriate.
For me it has been totally reliable and in that respect I would warmly recommend it to anyone.