Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Keyspan USB High Speed Serial Adapter (Model USA-19HS) Help

Reviews Summary for Keyspan USB High Speed Serial Adapter (Model USA-19HS)
Keyspan USB High Speed Serial Adapter (Model USA-19HS) Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $39.00
Description: Connects an RS-232 serial device to the USB port on a PC or Mac.

Looking for a way to connect a serial device to the USB port on your PC or Mac? Our USB High Speed Serial Adapter provides a simple and reliable solution. This adapter is broadly recommended by serial device manufacturers due to its dependability and "Best in Class" compatibility.

Features include:

Certified: Microsoft WHQL approved
High Speed: Supports 230 Kbps - twice the speed of a built in serial port
Detachable Cable: Use adapter with any USB cable (up to 5 meters long)
LED: Shows adapter status and data activity
Plug & Play: Appears as standard COM port
Mobile: Easy to carry - weighs just 2 oz.
Bus Powered: No external power adapter required
Analytic Tools: Includes Windows line monitor and data trace software
Field Upgrade: Easy to update over time with free software downloads
Easy Expansion: Supports use of multiple adapters on one PC
More info: http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/usa19hs/homepage.spml

You can write your own review of the Keyspan USB High Speed Serial Adapter (Model USA-19HS).

K5ADF Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2011 23:37 Send this review to a friend
Works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several of these interfaces to use with both my PC tower and laptop both running Win7. I use them with my laptop to program my two mobile rigs (FT-8800 FT-8900). I use one with both computers to program my IC91 and IC-T90 HTs. I use yet another one with my PC tower to connect to my Kantronics XL packet TNC. I have used them on Vista before updating both computers to Win7. Both operating systems found the correct drivers on the internet and installed them. I have had no problems.

VA3DUX Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2010 07:37 Send this review to a friend
No Problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi All I have used this interface for over three years on my TS-B2000, I have tried other adaptors to lesser degree of success, I certainly will buy another when needed they have a good web site and follow up. David VA3DUX.

N5IFH Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2010 03:56 Send this review to a friend
No Problems Here!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had as many as four of these adapters in use at any one time, both on Win 7 and Vista machines....no problems!

K5ADF Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2010 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Works on Win7 and Vista  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the USA-19HS to set up my two mobile Yaesu and two ICOM handheld tranceivers without any problem. Some of the software is third party and some is from ICOM. This was the only adapter that I could use. My laptop is a recent model HP and without any serial ports. The operating system downloaded the proper drivers without any problem. I have an ICOM ID800 using the ICOM software and adapter. It worked great on Vista but not when I upgraded the computer to Win7. I bought another USA-19HS and it worked when I turned it on. A bit pricey but it works.

KM3K Rating: 0/5 Dec 20, 2010 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Waste of money.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wasted my money. I need an adapter to work with my Dell laptop running Vista. Keyspan's Microsoft certified driver for Vista does not work. The Keyspan works on my Dell tower running XP but that is useless since the tower has a built-in RS232-port. Keyspan factory support is a no show.
I ended up buying a Radio-Shack adapter and it works like a charm with my Dell laptop.

N3WJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2010 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Works Great with Windows 7  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My older radio-dedicated PC died and when I hooked up my new Windows 7 machine (of course without an RS232 port to be found) the "eBay special" Serial to USB adapter I had hooked up to my Idiom Press Rotor EZ RS 232 stopped working. I tried all sorts of configurations with no luck. I saw a forum post somewhere here on eHam about problems with Windows 7 and many USB-serial adapters that recommended the Keyspan. I picked one up (about $30 on Amazon), loaded the software drivers and as soon as it was plugged in the Rotor EZ worked perfectly as before.

If you are having problems running USB-serial adapters on a Windows 7 machine, I would highly recommend you pick one of these up. It may solve your problem and save LOTS of troubleshotting time!

Warren

AI4VE Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2007 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Mac OS X 10.4/MacLoggerDX Compatible  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one today to replace an IOGear GUC232A converter that died after a few months of use. The OS X driver installation from the included CD was fast and the performance with my TenTec Argo V and MacLoggerDX software is much better than the IOGear device (shows up in the MLDX selection menu and seems to update faster). Can't say anything about unit life yet but so far its performance is great.

K5ADF Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2007 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the same problem in that my new computer does not have a RS232 interface. The programming cables for my three different ICOM HTs use a RS232 interface. I had several RS232 to USB adapters already that did work with other devices, but they would not work with the HT software. After investigating solutions both on eham and other places, I ordered the USA-19HS. When it arrived, I quickly connected my first HT and it worked. I found the same result with the other HT programming software. One package is from RT Systems and the other two are from ICOM. The adapter works and I recommend it.

Hopefully the ham industry will soon realize that the world has moved to USB and will make all interfaces USB compliant. A conversion adapter, while it works, is not the answer! It is a patch at best due to poor engineering.

KI4ROV Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2007 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Works As Advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased this adapter as an interface between my TS-2000 and a HP laptop which didn't have a serial interface port. Now I enjoy remote control of my transceiver using DX Lab's Commander application. I recommend this adapter to anyone wanting a reliable way of converting USB port to serial capability.

W7MJM Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2007 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Vista compatible!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one to replace a RadioShack unit which didn't work consistently with Vista. KeySpan provides a Vista-compatible driver on their Web site. The KeySpan device works perfectly.