Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | US Towers TMM-433 crank-up Help

Reviews Summary for US Towers TMM-433 crank-up
Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $2,400
Description: 32' crank up tower, 40' with mast

You can write your own review of the US Towers TMM-433 crank-up.

KI6NQT Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2011 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Very nice  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice people on the phone and very helpful in person. No problems, well built welds look great. I have the tilt over assembly which makes antenna installation and repairs nice. Main reason for having a crank-up was so the neighbors wouldn't have a visual 24-7 and this is just the ticket. A+

KK7P Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2010 20:46 Send this review to a friend
Steady and Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I live in a deed restricted area. After I got permission from my neighbors to include the tower when I built my home in 2001, I obtained the TMM433HD. It is nearly out of sight when cranked down, and goes high enough to be useful. I installed it with the tower tilt accessory, and that came in handy when I put the original TH6DXX tribander on, as well as when I later replaced that antenna with a SteppIR beam. My wife and I were easily able to handle the switchover. The ancient HAM-IV rotator fits perfectly. The tower, cables and pulleys are still in good condition after 9 years of Pacfic Northwest weather.

WA0IIH Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2008 18:56 Send this review to a friend
One Fantastic Tower!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After over 36+ years in the hobby and never owning a beam and tower I decided to get with the program!! I had always thought a crank-up tower was the way to go and the U.S. Tower TMM-541SS, was the one I decided on. I was looking for a total height of around 50 feet and with a ten foot mast I got right where I wanted to be. I did purchase the TRX-80 raising fixture with the tower and this was icing on the cake!!! U.S. tower shipped the base out after I placed my order with Texas Towers, (these guys are the best to deal with!!) I was told due to a military contract there would be a 20 week wait, but it was finished the middle of october, 2008. We unloaded the tower from the flat-bed truck with my john deere compact utility tractor and dropped it in place on the base. My wife and I did all the work. There was no problems with the installation and this is a real first class piece of gear!!! Being not only able to crank it down servicing, the raising fixture allows it to be horizontally lowered for servicing. I installed the antenna standing on a eight foot a-frame ladder!!! Believe me, the raising fixture is well worth the cost. This company gets a 150% rating from me, super well built and will last a lifetime. Tnx, U.S. Tower for a quality product!!! 73s, Shawn Daniels, WA0IIH

W6YDE Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2008 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Very well made  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two US Towers TMM-433. Both are being used and I find that the workmanship is second to none. One tower is at my work/office and the other is up at 4000ft on the side of a mountain. Both towers have stacked beams on them. I am using a Yaesu 1000 rotor at work and a M2 OR2800 rotor up on the Mountain. I have had no problems mounting either of these rotors into the TMM-433. The TMM-433 is a short, very strong tower, that is easy to work on due to its short sections and very low crank down height. Both tower came with all the necessary bolt, top bearings, mast and paper work, to pass local inspection with no problems.

KB7ULT Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2007 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Tower  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I agree with K2MK I have the TMM-433 and are having no trouble at all with the top section. I have the Alliance HD73 mounted and working. Four bolts in the rotator, 2 OD mast through the top and it was installed. Oh and an eight foot ladder was perfect for the job. The only thing I kick myself about is that I didn't buy the raising fixture. 73's

K2MK Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2007 04:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent design  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have to differ with the previous reviewer. I had the 41 foot tall TMM-541 for 16 years until I recently moved and it was fantastic. It has the same top section as the 33 foot tall TMM-433 and I had no problem fitting a Hy-Gain Ham IV within the top section. As described on US Tower's web site and in their literature both now and 16 years ago, the installation of a rotator will limit the retraction. My tower retracted to somewhere between 12 and 13 feet which provided easy access to my antenna with a 12 foot "A" style ladder. The manufacturer makes this information available and perfectly clear so that you can make your rotator decisions before you buy the tower.

The TMM series is a compromise tower in that the sections are only 10 feet long. I believe they are the only manufacturer to do this. If you want this feature, as I did, then you have to do the research and be prepared for some other potential compromises.

What US Towers does do, however,is to offer the 33 foot tall TMM-433HD which uses the four lower sections found on the TMM-541 thus eliminating the smaller top section. This should allow more room for rotators. But of course it requires a larger hole in the ground and more concrete. Again, you do your research and make your choice.

The tower is so compact that I was able to install it myself with no help. I had it on a dolly which I rolled into position across the grass on 2 sheets of plywood and lined it up with the base. I mounted the raising fixture and cranked it up. I only needed help getting it off the truck onto the dolly, digging the hole, and pouring the concrete.

By the way, I gave my tower and antenna away to a local ham who was willing to do all of the labor including breaking up the concrete. I made it known to a few local clubs and this one ham couldn't believe his luck. After 16 years in service it was still in perfect condition. I expect him to get at least that many more years of exceptional service out of it.

AB5GU Rating: 2/5 May 10, 2007 00:27 Send this review to a friend
poor design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The engineers at US Towers designed a tower that will not take a standard rotor, ie: Hygain, Alliance, Orion, ect. They will not fit inside the tower and still allow it to fully lower. After calling, US Tower replied that the Yaesu 800 medium duty rotor is the only rotor that will fit inside their tower. Unforgivable engineering blunder.