Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Larsen 2 Meter KG Glass Mounted Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Larsen 2 Meter KG Glass Mounted Antenna
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$55
Description: 2 meter antenna mobile antenna
More info: http://rsen-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the Larsen 2 Meter KG Glass Mounted Antenna.

KA2AYR Rating: 1/5 Dec 24, 2016 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Works great until you move...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Larsen KG144UDPL on-glass antenna. Uncut, the antenna works well for 2 meters. Cut it and it works on VHF business and public safety frequencies. The antenna was installed per instructions, and, I let it set for a day without the whip so the adhesive would set up. The outside shoe felt solid, so on went the whip. The VSWR was fine and I was hitting all the repeaters I was concerned with. That is, until I got up to 45 MPH. We're going down the road and I hear a clang against the glass. There goes the outside whip part. This is a half-wave antenna. It's about 3 feet long. That's probably too much of a load to be hanging off the window of a moving vehicle with what's more or less double-sided sticky tape. I would probably have given this a 5 if it didn't go flying off in traffic. Glad it didn't hit anyone or damage any other vehicle. Certainly was expensive enough. On to plan B.

W1WM Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2015 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Favorable Review Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just to update my previous review, the antenna worked very well on my Ford SUV. My new Chevy SUV apparently has passivated glass and a remount of the antenna was a bust. I suggest shying away from the antenna on newer GM products,

KC0VEU Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2010 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Larsen Glass Mount 2 meter half wave antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I must say that I am truly impressed! I read the many varieties of results from many folks. I historically used a co-linear, but got a new vehicle and needed something quick until figuring out permanent solutions.

I mounted this on the rear of the jeep wrangler on the tinted glass. I have a roof rack on it as well.
This thing is 1.1 to 1 on 146.520!! I saw 3.0 to 1 on 144, 1.5 to 1 145.00 and 1.5 to 1 at 148.00.

This was a calculated risk and well worth it!

I do agree that the RG-59 was a disappointment. Sadly these days quality continues to suffer everywhere, but I made it work with the best of my ability and am quite pleased with the results.

N0AH Rating: 1/5 May 12, 2007 10:32 Send this review to a friend
company in full reverse  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Why RG-59 coax and why not add a connector to this sorry crap? You can floss your teeth with it-The coax from the glass mount is inside.....ever try to add an adaper to RG-59 coax? Just melts all over the place. Goo. Why didn't they just ad on the connector with decent coax instead of shafting us? Besides, according to the ARRL website, RG-59 is a bad idea for VHF operations-

I had A DUAL BAND LARSON for YEARS, LOVED IT. BUT THEY ARE GETTING CHEAP AND GETTING THIS ONE BACK- MFJ Buy Out?

p.s.....can't wait to pry this antenna off the glass- thrilled- This is not wortht e 5 hours it took trying to install it when it should have taken 20 minutes-

Could you guys have done anything right??????