Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC Help

Reviews Summary for Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC
Midwest Technical Services,  Tim Moes WDØFKC Reviews: 74 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Reasonable
Description: Full Line Amateur Radio Repair located in Watertown,S.D.
More info: http://www.midwest-technical.com

You can write your own review of the Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC.

W4CVG Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2017 10:30 Send this review to a friend
I will be sending him all my work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tim is great guy to do business with, Does what he says and at great turn around time. I have been a ham for 30 years MIDWEST TECHNICAL SERVICES best I have ever done business with. This may go under my old call KA4UET new call is W4CVG. Would recommend him to any Ham needing equipment repair. THANKS TIM FOR JOB WELL DONE.
W4CVG

W1RAN Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2017 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Tim knows his stuff!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The FT-1000D was a generational improvement over earlier transceivers. I wanted something smaller and discovered Yaesuís FT890-AT. The receiver front-end circuitry wasnít the same as the 1000D but had clearly been upgraded. It replaced a TS-440S/AT, which overloaded disasterously by loud Euís in DX contests. I upgraded it with 8-crystal filters
for SSB and CW and have appreciated its simplicity for 23 years.

Unfortunately, it is showing its age. A W6 noted bad QRI, unstable transmitter frequency. I shipped it to WD0FKC for repair. Tim found and replaced a bad trimmer C in an oscillator circuit, fixed an intermittent phone jack, replaced a burned-out meter lamp with an LED, and did an all-band re-alignment. Two hours at $50/hr. My old friend is quieter and has better selectivity than in years. Tim is Tops in my book! - Ned, W1RAN

WA9QLQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2017 09:42 Send this review to a friend
There's a reason why all reviews are 5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After 36 years (!) off HF, I picked up a Kenwood TS-530S and the VFO was erratic. Tim fixed in all within a weeks time and arrived back in great shape. The difference is he patiently responded to all my dumb questions with clear answers, helped me understand how stuff works and did so quickly and efficiently. A fixer and a teacher. That's rare. Thanks Tim.

KD8WVV Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2017 09:57 Send this review to a friend
FT-857  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am new to HF and I screwed up my 857. I sent it to Tim and he straightened my goof up in one day. I would highly recommend Tim for all HF repairs. He is a factory authorized repair facility. He is very reasonable. It was a pleasure having my radio repaired by him.

AG7AG Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2017 22:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: months
I purchased a well used TS-830S. It was having receive and TX output power issues. The receive problem proved to be somewhat problematic but Tim was able to fix the radio and bring back to an almost original spec condition. Communication during the process was excellent and Tim has great attention to detail. Pricing was also reasonable (especially for the time he spent addressing the RX issue). I would not hesitate to use Midwest Technical Services in the future.

WB3EHS Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2017 06:29 Send this review to a friend
Agreat place to do business.  Time owned: months
My Yaesu ft-980 stopped transmitting after 30+ wonderful years of use. After communicating with Tim, I sent it to him for repair. Parts for the old radio were not easy to find, but he persevered. When I got it back, it had developed another problem and would not work. Tim worked with me to try different things, but to no avail. So....he refunded my money! Tim is knowledgeable, and honest. I would send equipment to him for needed repairs anytime.

N7TNG Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2017 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Good communication, fast turn-around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent an FT-100D in for repair. In the end, the repair was going to be more than the radio was worth, so Tim sent it back to me and I ended up paying about $120 (which included return shipping) for him to tear it apart and diagnose it, and send it back. It only took him a week or two to call me and let me know what was going on with it. He was quick, honest, and although he didn't repair the radio (my decision), he knew what he was doing. It was a MUCH better experience than my experience with Burghardt Radio Repair, who won't return my calls or emails and still has my Alinco DX-70T after 6 months. I'm kicking myself for not sending it to Tim.

Tim is nothing like that. If you send something to him to repair, he will get back to you quickly.

K8CIX Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2016 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Tim Moes of Midwest Technical Services  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tim Moes of Midwest Technical Services. Just had Tim repair, align and test my old FT-900. Great communications, fantastic attention to detail and expertise in this project. One week turn around and a repair bill that was not only fair but a real surprise to me as I was expecting the worse. If you have a repair need I can recommend Tim to all. Roger, K8CIX

W1AEX Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2016 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Due to an inadvertent near-transmitter proximity incident my FT-8900 had a blown front end on the 6 meter band. A friend mentioned the very positive experience he had with a repair handled by Tim Moes at Midwest Technical Services, so after reading the numerous 5.0 reviews here at the eHam forum I called Tim and shared the symptoms I observed with my damaged rig. He had some thoughts on what might need to be repaired and also shared what such work typically costs.

I promptly shipped the rig off to Tim and much to my surprise it was on its way back to me in less than a week. When I opened up the package and unpacked the rig I saw that Tim had included a small plastic bag with the parts that had failed and also enclosed was a very reasonable bill to cover return shipping, the new parts, and all the work he did. The FT-8900 works perfectly once again and I could not be happier with the speed and quality of the repairs. Tim is one of the the good guys who has excellent technical skills and the right equipment to get the job done perfectly. I would not hesitate to use Midwest Technical Services again and would certainly recommend Tim Moes to anyone looking for an honorable and highly qualified person to handle the repairs of their amateur radio equipment.

Rob - W1AEX

W1RAN Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2016 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Fixed 20-year old Yaesu FT890AT  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tuning encoder seized up; impossible to repair. 20-year old
transceiver thought hopeless. Instead, Tim went out of his way
to find a component he could modify to save my favorite radio.
He also realigned it and replaced components that work hard.

Tim is a veteran in this business, knows his stuff, honest as the day is long. Trust him with your life... and he's reasonable!

- Ned - W1RAN