Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC Help

Reviews Summary for Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC
Midwest Technical Services,  Tim Moes WDØFKC Reviews: 65 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Reasonable
Description: Full Line Amateur Radio Repair located in Watertown,S.D.
More info: http://www.midwest-technical.com

You can write your own review of the Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC.

W1WOW Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2015 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Dreamy Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Yaesu FT-897D's ceramic filters were failing causing an annoying crackling noise on all the HF bands. I contacted Tim and he confirmed my notions. He received my radio on Friday - it was delivered back to me on Wednesday - repaired. Replaced all three ceramic filters. DC Isolators in place. Listening to it tonight it sounds wonderful. Cost was very fair and I'm so happy to have made this connection when the time comes that one of my Yaesus needs help.
Thanks Tim!

W9JN Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2015 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Mirage MP-1 and MP-2 SWR meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tim has done it again! I had one Mirage MP-1 and two MP-2 SWR power meters that needed repair and alignment. They are now working to expectations. They were boxed up excellent for the return trip. If you need a specialist to do it right....Tim at Midwest Technical Repair is your man. 73 John W9JN

W3HKK Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2015 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Fast, thorough, perceptive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My IC7600 has had multiple rf board failures over the past 5 years. ICOM -WA kept fixing the same thing, but the same part kept failing after 6 months or so.

Tim is the 2nd non_ICOM tech I tried, and lo and behold he found the same problem, plus installed a suggested repair modification, AND found something new as well - that was causing an improper voltage to be applied to the IC chip that kept failing. He also found a faulty resistor no one else did.

So the future is promising, and everything is working hunky-dory so far.

Time owned= since last repair.

K6RQR Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2015 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Repair for FT-990  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Some months ago I purchased a 1991 Yaesu
FT-990. After operating it for a while I noticed that the fan didn't seem to come on. I had used one before and felt that there might be something wrong especially as I was hearing a high pitched tone under the top cover when the rig had heated up.
I contacted Tom and he suggested that either the fan or its control board was defective. After emailing the seller about this problem I decided to send the rig to Tom. He ended up getting a replacement fan and installed it quickly plus he gave the rig a once over (checking out RF levels, etc.) before shipping it back in a timely manner. The rig now works as it should and the fan keeps things at the designed temperature. The fee for his excellent service was very reasonable and I told him that I will consider him my #1 choice for any future repairs. Highly recommended.

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2015 07:02 Send this review to a friend
>>> EXCELLENT <<<  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a Kenwood TS-840 that had several problems. It was repaired in a fast fair professional manner. I certainly recommend Tim's services. Thanks!

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2015 08:28 Send this review to a friend
>> FAST-FAIR- QUALITY <<  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a problem with the auto tuner with the Kenwood TS-590S. It was taken care in a fast timely professional manner. His work is top notch. Thanks for a nice job!

W7EXH Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2014 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Fast, trust, reasonable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very fast to get back with easy to understand explanations, no un-needed services, fast total turn-around, good work, & knows his stuff. His charges are very low but value is very high. He clearly explained possible causes of my mobile HF radio's problems by e-mails before I sent it. To me, trust is more important than low rates and good service, and Tim has all three. This guy knows which end of the soldering iron to pick-up, a true tech you can trust. thanks 73 carl

KC0NVL Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2014 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Repair service  Time owned: more than 12 months
It just doesn't get any better than Tim. He is competent and completely honest. I'd never use anyone else!

KF7OM Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2014 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Effecient-reliable-fast-economical  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say enough about Tim Moes and his repair facility. I have sent Tim various HF radios in the past that need repair and He is an honest person who will give you an honest evaluation.
I will always send my gear to him because I have confidence in knowing I wont be taken advantage of. You can trust this man.
Thanks, John KF7OM

KD7SU Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 15:40 Send this review to a friend
YAESU 857D  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lost receive in uhf vhf side of yaesu 857d Tim a great and quick job on repairs. Send back to me with bill enclosed send him the check.
Thanks Tim for great job.

KD7SU