Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC Help

Reviews Summary for Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC
Midwest Technical Services,  Tim Moes WDØFKC Reviews: 74 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Reasonable
Description: Full Line Amateur Radio Repair located in Watertown,S.D.
More info: http://www.midwest-technical.com

You can write your own review of the Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 13:19 Send this review to a friend
FT-100d  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my FT-100d in for repair. Service was quick and affordable.Tim works on most brands of gear so he can be your one stop guy for repair. Don't hesitate if you are in need of service.

K9WN Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2016 11:22 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I keep trying to stump Tim, but he keeps coming thru. My FT-897D had problems with Squelch not working correctly on repeaters, and the S meter was basically non-working on HF.. Sent it in April 21 and got it back May 6. FANTASTIC!!! He returned it, along with the "parts" he replaced...they look like specs of dust. NO WAY I could do that. Invoice was in the box. Price was reasonable. I've said it before, Tim is in my e-mail address book.
K9WN Jake

KC4ENA Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2016 15:12 Send this review to a friend
very fast service and excellent price  Time owned: months
Sent tim an alnico dx-70 that had problems, it came back working great, very fast turnaround
and at a very reasonable price.
I would highly recommend tim, and will have him do any future repairs I may need.
also a very nice person to talk with on the phone unlike some other tech people I have dealt with.

K3AC Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2016 13:22 Send this review to a friend
Fast, reasonable pricing, excellent work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just had Tim repair two of my HF transceivers. Both were older Yaesu models from the 90's. He was able to quickly diagnose and repair the problems and do all the requested restorations I had made. He had them both back to me within a week, which I found incredible since most of my past experience with ham gear repairs would take at least 4-6 weeks. Labor and shipping charges were reasonable and well worth it considering the fast turn around. Highly recommended.

KX5F Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2016 05:25 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent in my Ft-890 yaesu to Tim for repairs, it was fixed and returned in excellent condition. Would recommend him for all repairs.

WB2PJH Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2016 08:28 Send this review to a friend
First Class Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Through my own stupidity my FT-897D fell to the floor and the RIT knob and encoder failed. I heard too many horror stories to send it to Yaesu and when I asked for help on the Yaesu forum Tim was quick to respond. Despite the shipping cost from New Jersey to South Dakota, Tim did a great job of fixing my radio, finding some other problems resulting from the fall and keeping me informed of any backorders all along the way. The radio was returned double boxed and in perfect condition. The charges for the parts were very fair as was the labor. I would not hesitate to recommend Tim to anyone needing radio repair. As an aside, this occurred about six months ago and I waited until now to post this review in case the radio ran into difficulties. It works perfectly. Thank you, Tim.

Dave WB2PJH

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2015 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TS-430 and TS-450  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Our radio club had two radios that were in need of repair. The older of the two, the TS-430 had no readout and other problems were noted. It was completely restored to where it preforms 100%.

The other Kenwood a TS-450 was very noisy, the receiver audio was intermittent. Power output was not the same on all the bands. It too was repaired to a 100% useable radio.

Both were repaired quickly for fair prices. If you are looking for a quality repair shop contact Tim. He e-mails results so you know the status of the unit. Thanks Tim 73 John W9JN, president of Central Wisconsin Radio Amateurs LTD

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2015 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-207H  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In November 2015 I had no output from a IC-207H 144/440 FM radio. Being a former customer of Tim, I sent in the unit. It was repaired in less than a week with 100% capabilities restored. His services are to be trusted and his charged prices are very fair. TU 73 John W9JN

W8NET Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2015 07:11 Send this review to a friend
FT-897 repair   Time owned: months
FAST service and AWESOME expertise. My radio problem was not getting full power on 160m and 20m. I feared the transistors were going soft. He tweaked the radio software. And he checked ALL of the radio. It needed replacement IF filters. DONE, and REALLY GOOD PRICE. Thanks Tim!!!

W1WOW Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2015 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Dreamy Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Yaesu FT-897D's ceramic filters were failing causing an annoying crackling noise on all the HF bands. I contacted Tim and he confirmed my notions. He received my radio on Friday - it was delivered back to me on Wednesday - repaired. Replaced all three ceramic filters. DC Isolators in place. Listening to it tonight it sounds wonderful. Cost was very fair and I'm so happy to have made this connection when the time comes that one of my Yaesus needs help.
Thanks Tim!