Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC Help

Reviews Summary for Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC
Midwest Technical Services,  Tim Moes WDØFKC Reviews: 68 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Reasonable
Description: Full Line Amateur Radio Repair located in Watertown,S.D.
More info: http://www.midwest-technical.com

You can write your own review of the Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC.

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2015 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TS-430 and TS-450  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Our radio club had two radios that were in need of repair. The older of the two, the TS-430 had no readout and other problems were noted. It was completely restored to where it preforms 100%.

The other Kenwood a TS-450 was very noisy, the receiver audio was intermittent. Power output was not the same on all the bands. It too was repaired to a 100% useable radio.

Both were repaired quickly for fair prices. If you are looking for a quality repair shop contact Tim. He e-mails results so you know the status of the unit. Thanks Tim 73 John W9JN, president of Central Wisconsin Radio Amateurs LTD

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2015 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-207H  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In November 2015 I had no output from a IC-207H 144/440 FM radio. Being a former customer of Tim, I sent in the unit. It was repaired in less than a week with 100% capabilities restored. His services are to be trusted and his charged prices are very fair. TU 73 John W9JN

W8NET Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2015 07:11 Send this review to a friend
FT-897 repair   Time owned: months
FAST service and AWESOME expertise. My radio problem was not getting full power on 160m and 20m. I feared the transistors were going soft. He tweaked the radio software. And he checked ALL of the radio. It needed replacement IF filters. DONE, and REALLY GOOD PRICE. Thanks Tim!!!

W1WOW Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2015 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Dreamy Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Yaesu FT-897D's ceramic filters were failing causing an annoying crackling noise on all the HF bands. I contacted Tim and he confirmed my notions. He received my radio on Friday - it was delivered back to me on Wednesday - repaired. Replaced all three ceramic filters. DC Isolators in place. Listening to it tonight it sounds wonderful. Cost was very fair and I'm so happy to have made this connection when the time comes that one of my Yaesus needs help.
Thanks Tim!

W9JN Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2015 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Mirage MP-1 and MP-2 SWR meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tim has done it again! I had one Mirage MP-1 and two MP-2 SWR power meters that needed repair and alignment. They are now working to expectations. They were boxed up excellent for the return trip. If you need a specialist to do it right....Tim at Midwest Technical Repair is your man. 73 John W9JN

W3HKK Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2015 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Fast, thorough, perceptive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My IC7600 has had multiple rf board failures over the past 5 years. ICOM -WA kept fixing the same thing, but the same part kept failing after 6 months or so.

Tim is the 2nd non_ICOM tech I tried, and lo and behold he found the same problem, plus installed a suggested repair modification, AND found something new as well - that was causing an improper voltage to be applied to the IC chip that kept failing. He also found a faulty resistor no one else did.

So the future is promising, and everything is working hunky-dory so far.

Time owned= since last repair.

K6RQR Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2015 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Repair for FT-990  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Some months ago I purchased a 1991 Yaesu
FT-990. After operating it for a while I noticed that the fan didn't seem to come on. I had used one before and felt that there might be something wrong especially as I was hearing a high pitched tone under the top cover when the rig had heated up.
I contacted Tom and he suggested that either the fan or its control board was defective. After emailing the seller about this problem I decided to send the rig to Tom. He ended up getting a replacement fan and installed it quickly plus he gave the rig a once over (checking out RF levels, etc.) before shipping it back in a timely manner. The rig now works as it should and the fan keeps things at the designed temperature. The fee for his excellent service was very reasonable and I told him that I will consider him my #1 choice for any future repairs. Highly recommended.

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2015 07:02 Send this review to a friend
>>> EXCELLENT <<<  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a Kenwood TS-840 that had several problems. It was repaired in a fast fair professional manner. I certainly recommend Tim's services. Thanks!

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2015 08:28 Send this review to a friend
>> FAST-FAIR- QUALITY <<  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a problem with the auto tuner with the Kenwood TS-590S. It was taken care in a fast timely professional manner. His work is top notch. Thanks for a nice job!

W7EXH Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2014 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Fast, trust, reasonable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very fast to get back with easy to understand explanations, no un-needed services, fast total turn-around, good work, & knows his stuff. His charges are very low but value is very high. He clearly explained possible causes of my mobile HF radio's problems by e-mails before I sent it. To me, trust is more important than low rates and good service, and Tim has all three. This guy knows which end of the soldering iron to pick-up, a true tech you can trust. thanks 73 carl