Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC Help

Reviews Summary for Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC
Midwest Technical Services,  Tim Moes WDØFKC Reviews: 46 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Reasonable
Description: Full Line Amateur Radio Repair located in Watertown,S.D.
More info: http://www.midwest-technical.com

You can write your own review of the Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC.

WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2012 20:32 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tim is a gentleman who provides superb customer service and an honest appraisal to begin with. I was impressed, and sent my sick TS520S to him. It came back 100% operational within 2 weeks.

This rig has sentimental value to me; I got it as a teenager with paper route money brand new in 1979 (took me a long time save up). I did not want to part with it.

Tim understood, and helped me make my decision to send it in for repairs: no pressure, a realistic estimate of what it would take. I also asked him to check over my little gem for overall health. He found several other issues and fixed those. VERY reasonable price. TERRIFIC service. Tim, I am a customer FOR LIFE! THANK YOU!!

K9WN Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2012 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Fast turn around  Time owned: more than 12 months
Too bad the ratings only go to 5. Like "EZU" in the previous post, my Yaesu also developed static and crackling, 'cept it is a FT-897D. Exchanged a couple of e-mails with Tim, and sent it off on a Friday. I would have gotten it back on the following Friday.... IF I'd been home. Instead Fed-ex delivered it that Saturday. SEVEN days round trip. Did I mention the FAST turn around time? Noise is gone. Works GREAT. Price is reasonable. Midwest Tech/Tim Moes is now in my e-mail address book.

KD8EZU Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2012 14:31 Send this review to a friend
A national treasure ,  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Yaseu 857D bought in 2008 , hardly used and NEVER put in a bouncing mobile started to suffer from the "crackles of death". This defect ( apparently common on 3 yr + 857D's ) is characterized by crackling on HF even if the antenna is disconnected. Sent my radio to Tim and he got it on a Friday. Emailed him on Tuesday for a status , and he told me that the radio was repaired and on it's way back to me. He charged a reasonable rate, but its incredible that he sent back the repaired radio BEFORE being paid. Radio is now back in the shack, and is working well. Incredibly fast and efficient service. Use this guy if you can.
Thanks Tim!!

KG0AX Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2012 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Fast, Reasonable service.  Time owned: more than 12 months
My TM-d710a got the dreaded receive problem and went deaf. I emailed Tim and he was familiar with the problem. He not only fixed the problem, but performed the mod so it won't happen again. Great job at a good price. I recommend Tim highly.

N0VZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2012 06:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Job and Very Fast  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tim received my Yaesu FTM-350R on a Monday and had it repaired the same day. I had it back by Thursday. Repair charges were reasonable. Tim stayed in touch throughout the process. Not sure what else you could ask for. I'd use him again.

VE5MV Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2012 06:46 Send this review to a friend
expert and gentleman  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Tom provided very fast service...he reported on my Kenwood R5000 and tentec RX320 within a day of rcving them and had them back up to speed one business day after that. He was willing to work courteously with me via email only as I have no telephone here. He provided daily "progress reports" via email. I would reccommend his work and use his service again. He prefers to work only on modern rigs and I quote him from his email message, "... Sorry..but I work on mostly just Kenwood, Yaesu and Icom equipment. It gets really tough to get parts for the older equipment..."

AC0IV Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2012 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Honest and Quick  Time owned: months
I sent Tim my TS-480SAT that was inop. He checked and notified me that it worked as it should. He suspected the cable from the radio to the head. He updated the firmware and sent the radio back. I could not ask for a more honest repair. Further he sent me the rig back without prepaying for his time. Awesome! I will use him in the future for sure! By the way I did check the cable and it looked good but continuity checked showed bad. Cut about an inch off the end I suspected and put new connector. Problem solved!

KB8VJL Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 21:24 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT SERVICE!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My barely used ft-857d (back up base radio) malfunctioned in the FM mode. I sent a email to Tim which he promptly answered and answered all my questions I had asked. I sent my radio to him in Oct. and got it back repaired in about a week! No screwing around...the radio was repaired and checked out and returned to me! This was the first time I ever sent anything out to get repaired and it appears I made the right choice by sending my radio to Midwest Techical Services!!! Excellent customer service all the way! Radio has been in use for two months now and works! Thanks Tim!

KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2011 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent always  Time owned: more than 12 months
The MFJ-259-B needed a new power Switch and ck out. I sent the unit and switch from MFJ to him on Thursday @ 5 PM UPS. He rcvd it Monday @ 2:30 pm aprox. It was on my door step abt 9:50 AM Wednesday morning Fedex. Now thats SPEEDY...!! Thanks for your years of detication and skill Tim... Dave KI0Z

N6MED Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2011 16:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service!  Time owned: months
A friend who sent his HF rig to Tim for repair recommended him to me. My 2M Icom V8000 got sick (I feared I let the smoke out) and sent it off to Tim with a request to not only stuff new smoke back in bu to repair a weakened remote audio jack.

Similar to the experience of everyone else who has made comments re Tim's service, I received my radio back from him with the invoice enclosed at a cost significantly below what Icom would have charged, I'm sure.

I have previously sent my equipment back to Icom in Washington and have had good, prompt service. But, their labor rates are much higher than Tim's and their responsiveness to repair queries re repair feasibility, status, etc. (e.g., talking to a tech) are far more difficult to get that Tim's. Tim responds very quickly to emails, even on weekends! (Tim, don't you take your weekends off?) I cannot comment on calling him as we corresponded via email. But, from what others have said on this forum, Tim is apparently very accessible.

If there could possibly any fault to to find it would be that Tim has to order replacement parts v. a factory shop which has a full store of parts (usually ... maybe). But, that is an extremely small quibble to make regarding a one-man operation. Would I/will I go back to Tim again? YOU BET! And, I heartily recommend Tim to anyone else who doesn't have the personal resources to repair their own gear.

Thanks Tim for great service!