Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Outbacker Outreach 150 Help

Reviews Summary for Outbacker Outreach 150
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $350.00 AU
Description: Ten band mobile antenna, 160-80-75-40-30-20-17-15-12-10m
More info: http://www.outbacker.com.au/OUTBACKER_OUTREACH_148.php?PHPSESSID=f0a795fb0b26cf2f77000f1284d15ca7

You can write your own review of the Outbacker Outreach 150.

ZL1VT Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2013 22:46 Send this review to a friend
Works for mobile NVIS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna for close in work between 30 and 500 kilometers. It works great at these distances while mobile in gorges and very steep terrain. I got another tap put in for 60 meters but have not tried that out yet. I mounted it to my bullbar with the extra heavy duty spring available from Terlin.

I have gotten reliable 40 and 80 meter contacts at these distances using 50 to 100 watts on a 857 with no tuner. I will update this when I try it out on 160 in the winter.

HB9LCF Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2012 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Rock solid, used for years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Orderd mine (WL-170) in 1989, custom built (european freq's). Used it in Australia on the trailer without a tuner. All these years i used it just for short holidays. Works fine on a big trailer, car or just with one radial. Now i use it with the roof gutter as counterpoise.

Still in good condition after all 22 years.

G7SQW Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2008 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Outbacker Outreach 500  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just had to write a review about my Outreach 500 which is the same as the 150, but is able to handle more power and covers 6m rather than 160m. I have been operating mobile HF for the last 3 years and worked about 160 DXCC with my Pro - am whips on various bands. The first day I tried out the antenna was a very pleasing one as I worked 2 stations from New Zealand which I have never done before and considering the stage of the cycle I could not believe they heard me. I have also worked many other stations from all over the world over the last couple of weeks. I purchased my antenna from ADUR COMMUNICATIONS over here in England and the service, advice and general help from Phil was absolutely outstanding and would recommend their services to anyone.

Andy

VK4CWA Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2007 06:23 Send this review to a friend
Mobile HF GIANT!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use an Icom IC-706 with this antenna mounted on the bull-bar of my 4x4 and it performs very well. I'd go so far as to say its THE BEST mobile HF antenna i have used. A word of warning though, it is quite long and i have had it hit broadband cabling and low tree's on inner suburban streets.
Once out of the 'burbs and on semi-major roads though none of that matters.
Its a very robust antenna and the occasional 'whack' doesn't seem to upset it at all.
Measure the antenna length (around 12feet) plus the height of your mount and keep this total in mind when travelling under bridges.
It would no doubt make a fantastic portable antenna, but for the mobile, I think nothing comes close to this antenna.
Live with the drawbacks its size can pose, and relish in the performance that the extra length brings, Especially on the lower bands like 160/80 and 40mtrs.

VK4CWA Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2007 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Mobile HF GIANT!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Once out of the 'burbs and on semi-major roads though none of that matters.
Measure the antenna length plus the height of your mount and keep this total in mind when travelling under bridges.
Live with the drawbacks its size can pose, and relish in the performance that the extra length brings, Especially on the lower bands.

LA9AKA Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2007 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just love this antenna! It breaks huge pile-ups toghether with my FT-857D! I do think the antenna is a little bit big to drive around with, so I mainly use it when my car is parked and stationary. When demounted it is no more than 1m in length, so it fits perfectly in the trunk of my car.
When properly grounded this antenna gives a killer signal from 80-10m. SWR is low and I do not need to adjust the antenna when mounted. You only change the wander-lead position to change bands. Have not tried it on 160m yet. Would also recomend this antenna for portable use!