Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Weston Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Weston Electronics
Weston Electronics Reviews: 26 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Repairs for all types of amateur radio equipment, boatanchor to modern. Please check out our website.
More info: http://www.westonelectronics.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the Weston Electronics.

KK7WW Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2011 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Phenomenal Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Yaesu FT-900 that I bought new in 1997. My radio failed not too long ago, with a low audio problem on most bands. I had someone else look at the radio, and I was told nothing was wrong. Frustrated, I did some research and found Jim Weston services this model and that he came highly recommended. I sent my radio to him and he acknowledged the low audio problem. Additionally, he found the radio was not putting out 100 watts, which was a surprise to me. He did all of the repairs necessary and kept a very good level of communication with me as he went through each phase. He apprised me of the components that would be needed, the cost of them, plus the time he had in the radio. With Jim, there were no surprises with his work or the cost of repair. He told me the driver transistors (2) were bad and were $80 each. When I told him to proceed (totally shocked at the high price of each), he did research and informed me that a substitute part was available at a much reduced cost. He could have bought the high cost driver transistors but did not. That is what I call looking out for me ! ! !
After Jim finished the repairs, he returned the radio and emailed me to 1) provide me with the UPS tracking number, 2) confirm I did receive it and it was in perfect condition, and 3) that I had tried it and was satisfied.
This kind of service goes a long way in my book. Jim is customer focused and driven. Jim's prices are very, very reasonable.
I cannot recommend Jim's service highly enough. Do not look around for someone else to repair your radio. Jim is fair, honest and extremely knowledgeable.
I am grateful that I found him and that he was the person that repaired my radio. I am back on the air and very happy.
If I ever, ever need repair work again, there is only one person in my book that I want working on my radio and that is - JIM WESTON at Weston Electronics.

W0RMS Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2010 16:04 Send this review to a friend
WRMS Jim is the man  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My Yaesu FT-900 had problems with the pll..Jim stayed on the case until he had the FT-900 purring like a kitten and good as new. The shop charge was more than fair . Thanks sooo much Jim.
Good folks are hard to find...Jim is one of them !!

WB2CRN Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2010 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Great service, professional repair!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Yaesu FT-990 had a real problem in the PLL circuitry. I contacted Jim and sent it to him. What a great job he did repairing it!! Great communication, timely service, professional component level repair and a resonable price!! I feel Jim was more than fair all around. Jim really went above and beyond in repairing the FT-990 for me. What great service! What a great experience!

AG5I_DOUG Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2010 12:36 Send this review to a friend
FT 1000d Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fine work, competitively priced, deliverd on time...a true pleasure to work with. If the need arose for his services agn in the future...I would make Weston Electronics my first choice.

Thanks for a great job...the rig is performing as new...best regards.

Doug Mills AG5I

Perhaps I can get Jim to change my call sign on eham since my request have thus far met with inaction...

AB2DE Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2010 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Nice Work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent Jim my yaesu ft 1000D.Lost my front end and
had some tx problem.Jim had to put in some extra
time to in to trouble shoot and repair the rig.
He kept in touch with me on problem and price
for the repair. He also asked if i would like
to hve him do a full alignment.For the time jim
had to put in to the rig. He was very resonable
and did a Fantasic job.Every thing is functioning
100%. Would not hesitate to send him any work in
the Future. He said it if u want it fixed right
the first tie. He is the man TNX Jim AB2DE

W0XV Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2010 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: months
Jim repaired a collector quality FT101EE that I had acquired. He discovered a few bad solder joints(hard to find)and did a complete alignment...It works very well now. Jim had also repaired a TS 830S for me with great results...Jeff...W0XV

N4JBK Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2009 18:29 Send this review to a friend
very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jim worked on my Yaesu ft8800 when these other "repair shops" (see parts changers) wouldn't even talk to me about it. He went above and beyond the call of duty with the little radio and his price was very very reasonable. I would highly recommend him.

K5WPG Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2009 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Work/Response  Time owned: months
Jim did great work on my Kenwood TS-140. His prices are reasonable and his turnaround time is just right. He is in my rolodex for radio repair.

KA7ISV Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2009 15:59 Send this review to a friend
Second time as good as the first !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
To add to my earlier comments, Jim did a Great job with my Gonset Twins! Rec. and Trans. both work FB and I have had lots of fun operating them. This time he aligned my FT-757GX. Another Great Job!! Turn around time was very reasonable and cost was again very reasonable. Great communication along the way. Thanks Jim!

W5FOF Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2009 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and fast work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have sent two radios to Jim Weston for repair. A very old Drake TR-4 and a Kenwood TM-621A. Both were repaired in a very professional manner. The Work was completed in a timely fashon and without any additional problems. Jim is an honest, fair and extremely confident electronic Tech. I would expect to use his services in the future if it becomes necessary.