Reviews Categories | | Help

Reviews Summary for
Reviews: 47 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the .

NZ0T Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2013 07:50 Send this review to a friend
This guy is tops!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have never sent anything to Cal for repair but if I ever need to I will. I recently traded for an FT-857D that turned out to have SSB transmit issues. I thought the rig had the mis-adjusted bias common to these rigs and I just don't have a decent ammeter to check the bias so I emailed Cal about sending the rig to him. He promptly replied that the symptoms did not sound like a bias problem and suggested that I try a full reset of the rig. That did the trick! The distorted audio was gone. Didn't make Cal a dime but he took the time to help me out. That and the positive reviews here have convinced me that Cal is the guy to use!

N4EF Rating: 4/5 Jan 2, 2013 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Bravo!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Cal opened his arms to my lightning damaged TS440s when others refused to examine it. He had it working again in a few weeks.
Cal is amazing.

K4WHE Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2012 20:43 Send this review to a friend
Use Cal!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After Yaesu was not able to repair my FT-857 (they supposedly tried), I sent it to Cal after looking at these reviews. Cal was prompt in his replies to email. Radio was sent off and repaired pretty quick.

In addition to the repair he performed to the radio he did the DC block mod to the filters. Looking at the invoice it was clear he took his time in looking the radio over and even gave me a little discount.

Thanks Cal. 2 thumbs up, send Cal your business!

CO1839 Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2012 11:58 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST  Time owned: more than 12 months
CAL, is the best radio repair that i have every use THANK YOU CAL
K9CBB CHUCK

WB2NFL Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2012 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Great work - no hassle  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not many folks wanted to even look at my Kenwood T-599. Cal said, "sure!". I sent it to him and in a few weeks I got it back working 100%. Being as old as it is, he could have put it new finals and charged me more, but the old ones were fine. Full output on all bands.
I will absolutely reccomend HamRepair.com to all and will not hesitate to use him again!

CO1839 Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2012 06:57 Send this review to a friend
got too be the best repair   Time owned: more than 12 months
i have sent 5 OR 6 RADIO to MR. CAL AND ALL CAME BACK ALL WORKING GOOD. 73 CHUCK K9CBB

KE5EOT Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2012 18:19 Send this review to a friend
Great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my 520 in for repair and tuneup. It was time for the tuneup, and it had developed an intermittent problem with the drive. Any tech will tell you that intermittent problems are the worst. They only appear at inconvenient times. Cal didn't seem to have a problem tracking down the problem. I brought the radio home, hooked it up, and turned it on. The receive on the dummy load is equal to the receive on the antenna before the repair. The drive is steady as a rock. A great job all the way around. The turnaround time was also shorter than I expected and well within the quoted time.

KK1VT Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2012 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my FT-840 to Hamrepair.com as the tension spring for the rotary encoder had broken and caused the assembly to bind up. the encoder was rebuilt and calibrated in less than the quoted time and I felt that the charge was very fair. In the future any of my rigs that need repair will be sent to Cal at Hamrepair.com. I couldn't be more pleased.

KK1VT

WB8KKZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2012 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Very Professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my TS-790A for repair very recently. Right on schedule and extremely fair priced. I won't hesitate to use and recommend him. So glad I found out about his business via this forum. It was a leap of faith to ship an expensive radio so far away. I would have never tried it without the positive reviews. Worked out great, and to have the radio back working. Thanks again Cal!!! Mark in Michigan, WB8KKZ...

KE5KE Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2012 21:53 Send this review to a friend
Lightening hit  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Ts-2000 and Ic-7000 for repair. Right on schedule and extremely fair priced. I won't hesitate to use them again. Thanks!