Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Troy-Bilt 5,550-Watt Portable Generator Help

Reviews Summary for Troy-Bilt 5,550-Watt Portable Generator
Troy-Bilt 5,550-Watt Portable Generator Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $699 (lowes)
Description: Rated Watts Out: 5,550
Max Watts Out: 8,550
Horsepower: 10
Fuel Tank Size: 5 gallons
Half Load Run Time: 10 hrs.
Briggs & Stratton Weather Shield* OHV
4-120 volt household & 1-120/240, 30-amp locking outlet
More info: http://www.lowes.com

You can write your own review of the Troy-Bilt 5,550-Watt Portable Generator.

WZ1P Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2009 05:39 Send this review to a friend
Good mediun size gen.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with the review that KB2FBI wrote. I live in centeral Florida where one needs a good working generator. I had a professional wire mine so I can plug it into the main power panel from an outside specialty outlet. This will handle the basics including my ham shack in my 1700 sq. ft. home during an emergency. It also makes trips for field day and other events. This is a solid workhorse that get's the job done.

KB2FBI Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2007 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Powerhouse and Portable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Best way to look at these items is to give the negatives and positives. (Pun intended)

Dislikes
- price.it is at the top of the line
- weight.is portable but not by Mom. handle & wheels but still I get my son(s) to move it
- noisy. on the louder side of generators, like a loud lawnmower.

likes
- price point. A good price overall. includes a 25 foot power cord 10g with a four socket terminus. An expensive add on if purchased separately
- overkill on power generation but as "black out" substitution, it is just right.
- good company reputation
- The engine. It is a B&S. Means you can parts almost anywhere. Other models/Coleman I think, have a Subaru or something engine. I am thinking up-time for these things.