Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Jetstream JT7505 Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JT7505
Height 42 1/8"
Less than 1.5:1 VSWR
UHF or M type connector
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jt7505.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JT7505.

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Still kicking!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an update from my previous review (as KI4UCO)- This antenna is still mounted to the mast on my house as a secondary antenna and is still performing to spec without any adjustments or extra maintenance. It is coupled with an MFJ ground plane kit. It is usually connected to my Icom ID-880, but occasionally to my FT-857D for 2m SSB work.

VE2VMC Rating: 3/5 Dec 14, 2012 09:25 Send this review to a friend
Good prformance, poor craftmanship and desing  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the JT7505 searching for a better alternative to my now defunct Nagoya NL-770R (see my other review on the Nagoya) and came across Jetstream.
Reviews were not so bad and having already bought a JTB4 from them and being satisfied by the performances and craftmanship of the JTB4, I decided to give a try to their mobile antenna line.

Was it a good decision? I leave the answer to you all.
The antenna was priced right standing just in between the Nagoya and her counterpart from Comet.
I installed it on a 5" magnet sitting on top of my car and I must admit it performed very well .... until it failed 11 1/2 months later.

I called the Jetstream office to see if there was any warranty on it since you should expect any mobile antenna and there was a 1 year warranty.
They agreed that the antenna was still under warranty and told me to return the antenna to them and they would exchange the defective part at no cost.
The problem was that the bottom part of the antenna where the antenna folds over cracked and when i was driving at highway speed, the antenna was folding by itself.
Looking at the desing, i found that the bottom foldover part was just too thin to witstand the force applied laterally when driving at highway speed.
I never sent the antenna back since because i live in Canada, the shipping would have costed me around 30$ that is the 2/3 of the price of the antenna.
Instead I bought a comet CSB750A and lets say I am very satisfied ... the Comet is made much stronger than the Jetstream.
Performance is the same basically.
The comet is on my car for just one year now and it doesen't show any kind of deterioration so i'll post a review on it later if everything's fine... or not.
The price I paid fo the Jetstream was 50$ and the Comet was 75$ ... I guess you really get what you pay for.
I give it a 3 since the performance was good but not the quality.

KJ4AQV Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2008 20:46 Send this review to a friend
great antenna for new hams to buy.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This jet stream antenna is a very high quality antenna for less than $40.00. Great for new hams starting a mobile antenna system or and experinced ham. over all the best. 5 star *****