Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun
Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun Reviews: 38 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: 1:1 3kw and 6kw baluns providing balanced to unbalanced transition and common mode choking for feedline decoupling
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun.

K3SX Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2014 11:28 Send this review to a friend
Great product- well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the 1:1 isolation balun to help with an issue in the shack. The unit arrived about one week after I ordered it. I am very pleased with its appearance and construction and also its performance.
I did have a question about the shipping and I called the phone number on Saturday and someone answered the phone and addressed my question. You can't ask for more than that!

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2014 16:12 Send this review to a friend
THE VERY BEST  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am currently using three Balum Designs isolation chokes. They do a great job and the company stands behind all their products for life.

W9WLW Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2014 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Saved my bacon when I started using an amp  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well built and solved my CMC problem on my OCF dipole. It didn't rear it's ugly head until I started using an amp. I read some of the reviews on this balun and realized I was having the same issue. I bought one and all is well at W9WLW.

KD0BXU Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2014 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Totally Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was having a major problem with RF feed back thru my Elan home audio system speaker system and door bell controller. Called Balun Designs and spoke to Bob who took 20 mins out of his day to talk to me about my problems and how to fix them,..with NO sugestion I purchase any thing from him!! Later I was told he did have #31 core units avail which are not in his catalog. I did purchase some from him and installed them today with fantastic results. Now I can move back into the house with my radios with peace. I had spent over $50.00 on the same things from other suppliers that didn't work.
Thanks Bob. I highly recommend this company, great products and very fair products that actually work!!

VE3VV Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2013 17:19 Send this review to a friend
1116du  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Solved the rfi problems on my ocf dipole when using amp. Thanks Bob for a quality product!

G6TUH Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2013 08:36 Send this review to a friend
110%  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great service, quality product, good price - not more to say 8) Thanks Bob

AA5AX Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2013 09:04 Send this review to a friend
RF IN MY SHACK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a Ham over 30 years but had never experienced what I have recently. I replaced a Alpha Delta 80/40 Dipole and upgraded my feedline from RG8X to RG-213. The antenna and feedline were placed exactly as they had been for the last two years, the reason for the upgrade was a New amp and I wanted to make sure my antenna system was up to par. After spending alot time carefully installing the new antenna and feedline to my disappointment I had Rf in my shack to the point of burning my hand when I touched my Palstar Tuner. I made every effort to install fittings correctly, ground my station, tuner,radio,amp,sound rack, and most of all tune the dipole so that is was resonant on its on. All the sudden I had Rf everywhere, In my Yaesu FT-950 to the point that I couldnt operate it I contacted Bob at Balun Designs explained my problem and he suggested two Chokes 1116DU. I placed one at the Apex and one under my Desk right before the input of the palstar I Spent two days trying to solve my Rf problem and what bothered me was I had no problem with rf until I upgraded my feedline and antenna which was the same one I had up before it was just getting old. Anyway the Isolation Baluns completely solved my issue and I cant say enough about the quality of the Baluns Bob builds. So if you read this and you have similar problems like I have get yourself a balun and life will return to normal. Thanks Bob for a great product.
AA5AX

ZL2KE Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2012 13:04 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Quality and DX Results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 1113e 1:1 balun has been in use for 3 months with my Inverted Vee. This antenna is 10m / 30 ft up with a 90 degree apex and fed with RG213. The results I get from this Inv V are incredible, even running barefoot with 100w I get S9 reports and European/Russian pile ups when calling CQ. I attribute a large part of the Inv V's performance to the 1113e balun.

The build quality is top notch, second to none. Previously I used two Unadilla W2AU baluns (rated at 1kw) but both burned out when running 500w; they also only gave average signal results. It is difficult to understand the recent 2/5 review here but that balun must have been an anomaly and I would think Bob would replace it for no charge.

As others have said, Bob is responsive to email with prompt and informative replies. Take advantage of his expertise and tell him what your situation is and he will recommend the correct balun. I now have one of his 4114ocf 4:1 baluns for a Windom antenna I will soon put up. Yes these baluns do cost more but it is well worth it for only another $10 or $20. You will never regret buying quality.

N4NYY Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2012 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Top notch quality and support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob Rumsey KZ5R has a nice thing going. I purchased a 1113et, and works splendidly. They typically build on demand, and still got it within 1 week. Bob answers all emails and offers lifetime warranty to the original owner (short of lightning or acts of God). Prices were reasonable, too. Nice job!

N4LCD Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2012 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Very high quality. Works great.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a 1113e 1:1 to hang at the apex of a 40 meter inverted V. Works great. No RF in the shack. Very high quality. Bob is very responsive to email. Highly recommended.

When I received it, of course I took off the cover to look inside. Wow. Very impressive.

Paul N4LCD