Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun
Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun Reviews: 41 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: 1:1 3kw and 6kw baluns providing balanced to unbalanced transition and common mode choking for feedline decoupling

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2015 00:29 Send this review to a friend
NOW USING THREE END-FED WIRE ANTENNAS  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm running a 36' and a 124.5' end-fed wire antenna on the roof with 100 watts. I'm using a BALUM DESIGNS isolation balum (3,000 watt model) before it reaches the tuner. For another station with a 53' end-fed roof antenna I'm using a 5,000 watt model balum. I've got a 400 watt amp hooked up to it. When I tested the SWR on the various bands with all set-ups, with and without the balum, I found only small SWR differences, but the improvement in sound quality was apparent. All end-fed locations were fed using the top of the line Balum Designs 9:1 unums (5,000 watt version). I used a 50' foot RG-8X coax along the ground as my radial. I have other antennas, but for stealth roof wire antennas, using the Balum Designs products is a pleasure.
N9ETB Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2015 11:57 Send this review to a friend
Just What the Dr. Ordered.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am running the W8AMZ ZS6BKW Dipole. The antenna was fed with 75 feet of RG8X. I was experiencing some high noise levels and some feedback in the audio. I took the advice of some very well versed hams who know antenna theory and design inside and out. They directed me to the Balun Designs site. I purchased the 1113 3KW balun with the coax connectors on each end. I am now able to run 25 feet of RG8X and tune the bands specified by the antenna manufacturer. My noise levels have dropped as well. This is the Balun to use if you're experiencing feedback, noise, tuning issues etc. This Balun has created balance within my system. Thanks Balun Designs. I am a happy customer.
K0PG Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Big Difference  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am crazy. From time to time I attempt to operate 160 from my third floor shack with a homebrew vertical conglomeration of mast sections, a 6" diameter by 11" long coil of #12 wire and an 8' stinger. There are a few short radials woven through the balcony.
As you can imagine, there were RF issues in the shack and unless you were within shouting distance you wouldn't hear me.
I talked to Bob at Balun Designs. He suggested a the 1115 Max Choke 1:1. No more RF down the feedline and I am able to hear and work stations out about 1,500 miles using 100 watts. This is about as good as it gets for my limited no antenna cliff dweller lifestyle.
K3SX Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2014 11:28 Send this review to a friend
Great product- well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the 1:1 isolation balun to help with an issue in the shack. The unit arrived about one week after I ordered it. I am very pleased with its appearance and construction and also its performance.
I did have a question about the shipping and I called the phone number on Saturday and someone answered the phone and addressed my question. You can't ask for more than that!
N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2014 16:12 Send this review to a friend
THE VERY BEST  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am currently using three Balum Designs isolation chokes. They do a great job and the company stands behind all their products for life.
W9WLW Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2014 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Saved my bacon when I started using an amp  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well built and solved my CMC problem on my OCF dipole. It didn't rear it's ugly head until I started using an amp. I read some of the reviews on this balun and realized I was having the same issue. I bought one and all is well at W9WLW.
KD0BXU Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2014 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Totally Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was having a major problem with RF feed back thru my Elan home audio system speaker system and door bell controller. Called Balun Designs and spoke to Bob who took 20 mins out of his day to talk to me about my problems and how to fix them,..with NO sugestion I purchase any thing from him!! Later I was told he did have #31 core units avail which are not in his catalog. I did purchase some from him and installed them today with fantastic results. Now I can move back into the house with my radios with peace. I had spent over $50.00 on the same things from other suppliers that didn't work.
Thanks Bob. I highly recommend this company, great products and very fair products that actually work!!
VE3VV Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2013 17:19 Send this review to a friend
1116du  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Solved the rfi problems on my ocf dipole when using amp. Thanks Bob for a quality product!
G6TUH Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2013 08:36 Send this review to a friend
110%  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great service, quality product, good price - not more to say 8) Thanks Bob
AA5AX Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2013 09:04 Send this review to a friend
RF IN MY SHACK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a Ham over 30 years but had never experienced what I have recently. I replaced a Alpha Delta 80/40 Dipole and upgraded my feedline from RG8X to RG-213. The antenna and feedline were placed exactly as they had been for the last two years, the reason for the upgrade was a New amp and I wanted to make sure my antenna system was up to par. After spending alot time carefully installing the new antenna and feedline to my disappointment I had Rf in my shack to the point of burning my hand when I touched my Palstar Tuner. I made every effort to install fittings correctly, ground my station, tuner,radio,amp,sound rack, and most of all tune the dipole so that is was resonant on its on. All the sudden I had Rf everywhere, In my Yaesu FT-950 to the point that I couldnt operate it I contacted Bob at Balun Designs explained my problem and he suggested two Chokes 1116DU. I placed one at the Apex and one under my Desk right before the input of the palstar I Spent two days trying to solve my Rf problem and what bothered me was I had no problem with rf until I upgraded my feedline and antenna which was the same one I had up before it was just getting old. Anyway the Isolation Baluns completely solved my issue and I cant say enough about the quality of the Baluns Bob builds. So if you read this and you have similar problems like I have get yourself a balun and life will return to normal. Thanks Bob for a great product.