Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs 4:1 balun Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs 4:1 balun
Balun Designs 4:1 balun Reviews: 39 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $54.95
Description: 2kw current balun based on Jerry Sevick's (W2FMI)proven design. Provides good matching for multiband and off center fed dipoles.
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs 4:1 balun.

KF7ZQM Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2014 18:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Product   Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this balun for a semi-portable 40M OCFDs. The enclosure could be a little stronger, but that's not what matters. The balun works great! I also have a 1:1 balun from the company. No complaints!

SHEETS_GUY Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2014 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Another Quality Product from Bob  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've got about 15 of Bob's (KZ5R) baluns now of all shapes and sizes. Everything he builds is A+ quality and they're very fairly priced too. Couple that with the fact that he is a real gentleman to deal with means there's no real to EVER buy a balun anywhere else!

Ian Meyers

EI2HI Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2014 21:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Customer Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
On a recent holiday to Texas and while travelling close to Denton I decided to get a 4:1 balun made by Balun Designs. I did not know that the balun was made to order but at very short notice Bob KZ5R took my order over the phone and made up the balun I required. He had it ready for me when I called to collect same two hours later. I was really impressed with the quality of the product and it works brilliantly on my antenna installation. Bob was so helpful and made every effort to have it ready for me which I really appreciated. You wont find a nicer guy, better customer service and the quality of the balun is top class.

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2014 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Well built  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought one to replace an inferior unit I was trying to use on a 40m OCF antenna. Major improvement! This is the 3rd balun/unun purchased from Bob. Totally satisfied with every one. I just received a dual ratio (9:1/4:1) unun for use with a 43' vertical on Field Day. I'll have a review on that later.

W5CFI Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2013 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a balun and choke for one of my homebrew projects. Quality, Service, and Support is top notch. One other ham mentioned below that these were the Mercedes class of baluns. I couldn't agree more! Don't waste your money buying some of the cheap china knock-off's.

N4AY Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2013 07:51 Send this review to a friend
Direct lightning strike-no damage!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 120 ft. dipole up 75ft. in the pine trees fed with ladder line and the Balun Designs 4114t 4:1 current balun took a direct hit during a severe thunderstorm a few days ago. The ladder line was blown into three pieces. It blew the ladder line off the balun and THERE IS NO COPPER LEFT IN THE LADDER LINE! The balun is completely unscathed except for some charring between the terminals! make up youir own mind about what this says for the design and workmanship....

AF3Y Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2013 16:23 Send this review to a friend
SUPER PRODUCTS!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought one of his UnUns and through MY fault, It went bad. I had used it a couple years, but sent to Bob to take a look at and let me know what went wrong, and he rebuilt it.. No charge.. HOW can you beat service like that??? THANKS AGAIN BOB!

KG6YV Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2013 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Product, Great service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I searched for a new 4:1 voltage balun to rebuild my 15 year old Carolina Windom. Bingo! Balun designs had the perfect solution in their product line up.... I purchased and installed a 5KW unit which is extremely well made and I am very happy with the performance. This company has outstanding product and great servcice. My balun arrived 4 days after my order... I will definitely buy from them again.

W7NIK Rating: 4/5 Mar 8, 2013 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Quality balun  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased from this company twice. First i ordered 6:1 balun, had it for 2 years, the plastic box broke down. When to the big dog companies and bought a new box ( HD ,Lowes ) . Works great. This balun is good for 60 ft or more OCFD . I sold the 6:1 and I then recently purchased a 4:1 because I have a true ladder line doublet antenna. I very happy with the product . Good company , let keep Bob going .

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2012 13:47 Send this review to a friend
mercedes of baluns  Time owned: more than 12 months
Blew up many baluns running 1.5K. Radio works, array solutions , bencher nothing lasted.They all eventually smoked. I have a balun designs 5KW rated 4:1 balun now for over 5 years. Put it through heavy loads and mismatches without a hiccup. If your looking for the best of the best this balun is the last you will purchase. Bob is a super nice person with a wealth of knowledge in the antenna field. He make the baluns to your request. If you need a 7KW balun he will accommodate your request. Of all the companies his is the only one i know that acually shows the internal construction of the balun. IMPRESSIVE!

Tony k2vi