Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX Help

Reviews Summary for Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX
Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX Reviews: 96 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $60/hr. Const: contact for quote
Description: Williamsport, PA. W3DVX since 1955; Amateur Extra since 1957. Built dozens of Heathkits and many K2s. Electrical Engineer (computer h/w & s/w).In addition to building new kits, will finish kits for you if you need help. Repair of all Elecraft products. Reasonable rates. Also see reviews listed under "Small Wonder Labs Repair & Alignment by W3DVX."
More info: http://WilcoxEngineering.com

You can write your own review of the Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX.

KL7TF Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2016 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently sent my Elecraft K2 S/N 2153 to Alan for a tuneup and to have the filters re-calibrated. I also had the AF Gain pot replaced per Alan's recommendation. The rig performs better than expected. Never thought the K2 could sound this good. Total turnaround time from Alaska was exactly 1 week! Prices are fair and the service is first rate.

KA1IS Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2016 20:57 Send this review to a friend
excellent K1 alignment and repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought a used K1 that had problems with the tuning range and resolution.

Alan repaired and aligned it with turnaround time of less than 10 days. The results were even better than expected. The K1 is now an awesome sounding receiver.

Highly recommended.

WA7URT Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2016 09:55 Send this review to a friend
Alan updated special K2.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Alan is an excellent individual, very fare, and extradinarily knowledgeable. He is an excellent communicater and performs his work in a expeditious manner. I would highly recommend for all your Elecraft repair, alignment, or kit building issues.

KC9TYA Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2016 18:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Job on the KX1  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Alan did an excellent job at a very fair price on my KX1. I contacted Alan ask him for help and a few weeks later I have a KX1, to be proud of. Thanks again Alan for your great service and repair. The alignment is perfect. I could not be any happier.

KC7DM Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2016 07:54 Send this review to a friend
Alan goes to 11  Time owned: more than 12 months
You fans of This Is Spinal Tap know what I mean. Alan rescued my KX-1 from the knackers yard, expertly, promptly and at a very fair price.
He's also fun and interesting to talk to.

K0VP Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2016 17:57 Send this review to a friend
excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan found my KX1 beyond reasonable repair due to battery leakage exposure on the circuit board. He charged me the absolute minimum for his investigation. What is important here is being able to report that his service will be fair and prompt.

W1UJR Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2016 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding In Every Way  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan is an outstanding builder, and communicator. I sent him a partially built K2 project, with assorted parts and pieces from my various K2s over the years, and he was able to build, align and test the unit that exceeded the expectations of a perfectionist like myself.

Alan was a superb communicator every step of the way, calling, or emailing as needed with a problem or question came up. His suggestions spoke of years of experience, and a confidence that I knew when the unit arrived back from his workshop, it would work well, the first time out. I was not disappointed. Having built a number of K1, K2 and K3 in the past, I was impressed with his assembly and soldering skills, even down to the little details that most would never turn a board over to look at, Alan did.

In short, take it from a fellow K2 builder, this is the man you want to build, repair, align, or troubleshoot your Elecraft unit. He's that good. And he's a gentleman as well.

73 Bruce W1UJR

KC7DM Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2015 08:54 Send this review to a friend
A solid 5  Time owned: more than 12 months
With nearly 90 reviews and a 5.0 rating, there's not much more to be said on Alan's behalf. He fixed an issue on my KX-1, tuned it up perfectly, and it was back in the field with me inside of two weeks (including cross-country shipping.) TNX Alan.

W5JV Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2015 09:14 Send this review to a friend
K2 Tune Up: Excellent & Professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted a professional to run my K2 through the paces and tune it up where needed. Alan did a superb job and I am so happy with the report he provided. He is thorough & now its up to me to use the K2 wisely :-) ... Thank you Alan. Job well done.

KA1IS Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2015 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality and service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan updated my very low serial number K2 with all current revisions, installed a serial IO board, replaced the battery, and did a complete alignment.

Great workmanship. Reasonable rates. Fast turnaround. Good communication throughout the process. Highly recommended.

Tom ZIcarelli, KA1IS