Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX Help

Reviews Summary for Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX
Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX Reviews: 83 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $55/hr. Const: contact for quote
Description: Williamsport, PA. W3DVX since 1955; Amateur Extra since 1957. Built dozens of Heathkits and many K2s. Electrical Engineer (computer h/w & s/w).In addition to building new kits, will finish kits for you if you need help. Repair of all Elecraft products. Reasonable rates. Also see reviews listed under "Small Wonder Labs Repair & Alignment by W3DVX."
More info: http://WilcoxEngineering.com

You can write your own review of the Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX.

K8AQM Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2014 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Great Service!   Time owned: more than 12 months
My second K2/100 was sent to Alan for retune and ready for an upcoming DXpedition. Alan had it back to me within two weeks. I tried it out and was disappointed as reports indicated a severe "buzz" on my signal. I called Alan and he talked me through a series of tests. Turned out the issue was at my end with a power supply issue. He could have just had me send it back (shipping and bench time costs) and there still would have been an issue when it returned! I have three K2/100 and Alan will always be their caretaker! Great guy! de K8AQM

W0RI Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2014 19:43 Send this review to a friend
Great work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Alan does a great job and is very quick. He communicates very well and his fees are reasonable.

WR4Z Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2013 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied K2 customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have an Elecraft K2 that I assembled 10 years ago. It needed some repair, upgrading and alignment. I selected Alan Wilcox from the Elecraft list and contacted him. I sent him the K2 and now I have a new K2. I highly recommend Alan for his K2 expertise. He is in contact with you and informs you of what needs to be done. Thanks Alan for an excellent job.

WA3YLQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2013 14:24 Send this review to a friend
WA3YLQ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Alan upgraded and aligned my K2 which I had inherited from a buddy's estate. Alan was pleasant to deal with and seemed most knowledgeable of Elecraft products. He also installed the ATU on my unit. I felt his charges were most reasonable, and I would not hesitate to call on his services again.
Jim, WA3YLQ

AA2LD Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2013 03:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Alan serviced both my K2 and K2/100. The communication and service were excellent and he was a pleasure to deal with. Both radios were returned to me faster than expected and his prices were very reasonable. Detailed spec sheets were sent with each radio. This is a level of service that is hard to find. I would recommend him to any Ham.

KD7V Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2013 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Repair of my K2  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan did an outstanding job repairing my K2.The K2 needed a new AF Gain pot as well as the recommended Elecraft mod. He has excellent communication skills and completed the repair in a very timely and professional manner.The price for the repair was very reasonable as well.I would not hesitate to use Alan again!

VY1GP Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2013 11:36 Send this review to a friend
K2 repair and upgrade  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan does first class work and provides excellent service.

I bought an already-built K2 #4782 off eBay a couple of years ago. It recently started to malfunction and I emailed Alan. He responded right away and I packed my radio up and sent it to him.

He sent it back with the repairs and he installed upgrades recommended since when it was first built. It was really cleaned up too - looked like a brand new radio. I also liked the documentation and the checklists that he provided when he sent the radio back.

I am enjoying my K2 again. Thank you.

George VY1GP

NZ1I Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2013 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Made a New Friend  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I finally finished my K2. But of course as a New Builder, it had some issues. I emailed Alan for help and a quote. He promptly replied and offered his assistance. After a nice conversation on the phone, I mailed my K2 and all the options I had built off to Alan for repair, proper alignment, and installation . He was fast, efficient and communicated well his findings. No BS! And no condescension about my building skills or lack there of ;) I Highly Recommend Alan and his rates are fair. I plan on Enjoying my K2 for many years to come! Thanks Alan!
Kevin NZ1I

WB4TJH Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2012 12:28 Send this review to a friend
2 years and still delighted with service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Almost two years ago, I sent my old K2, #0319, to Alan for a total update and alignment. Well, two years later I am still enthralled with this radio. I constantly get nice comments on the audio quailty, and I am still impressed on how well the K2 performs all its functions. I'm writing this update because I can't thank Alan enough for the quality of his work. He really knows Elecraft equipment. Thanks again, Alan, for making my older K2 work like a brand new one.

K8AQM Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2012 06:59 Send this review to a friend
Saved!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My K2 went to T32 and became "salt encrusted" and died. Alan cleaned it up, brought it back to life and updated everything. It's a great rig, "saved" by a "great" technical wizard and ready for the next DXpedition. I am sitting here listening to the radio as I type. Thanks Alan!
Ted K8AQM