Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX Help

Reviews Summary for Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX
Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX Reviews: 84 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $55/hr. Const: contact for quote
Description: Williamsport, PA. W3DVX since 1955; Amateur Extra since 1957. Built dozens of Heathkits and many K2s. Electrical Engineer (computer h/w & s/w).In addition to building new kits, will finish kits for you if you need help. Repair of all Elecraft products. Reasonable rates. Also see reviews listed under "Small Wonder Labs Repair & Alignment by W3DVX."
More info: http://WilcoxEngineering.com

You can write your own review of the Elecraft Repair & Alignment by W3DVX.

K8AQM Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2012 06:59 Send this review to a friend
Saved!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My K2 went to T32 and became "salt encrusted" and died. Alan cleaned it up, brought it back to life and updated everything. It's a great rig, "saved" by a "great" technical wizard and ready for the next DXpedition. I am sitting here listening to the radio as I type. Thanks Alan!
Ted K8AQM

N6EZS Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2012 07:51 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great job in every way. Alan tuned and upgraded my K2 (which I bought used on ebay) and now I have a perfect rig. Alan's easy to deal with, reliable, reasonable prices.

K7MJG Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2012 19:25 Send this review to a friend
My KX1 is a thing of beauty  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had Alan build my KX1, tuner, 3080 and paddle.

Alan sent progress photos as he completed each step, which I really appreciated.

When I received the unit and looked inside, you can tell he takes great pride in every detail. It is beautifully done. Excellent.

K0COP Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2012 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Alan Wilcox  Time owned: months
This guy really knows how to build and communicate.
I can assure that the experience with Alan will be wonderful.
David
K0cop

AC2CM Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2012 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Repair and Alignment  Time owned: more than 12 months
Blew my finals so I sent radio in for repair and while there alignment. Alan stayed in touch and got my ok to fix other problems I wasn't aware of. The radio had seemed to work fine since I built it three years ago. It's perfect now and I am very pleased. The work was top notch and the cost was less than I expected. I would recommend him and if I ever need help with my K-2 I would go back to him in an instant.

WB9PNU Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2011 04:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Alan Wilcox W3DVX is a great craftsman. He helped me integrate my Elecraft KPA100 and KAT100 into an EC2 enclosure. I sent him my K2/10 also, for testing purposes. In a very short time, my K2/10 and outboard KPA100/KAT100 were back. They work perfectly together. Alan emailed me and also called to keep me updated on the progress.
My thanks to Alan for a job well done.
I highly recommend Alan to any one that needs his help.

W7JBB Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2011 21:42 Send this review to a friend
You can't do better  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan Wilcox is an expert extraordinaire, and all around good guy. My K2 had gone somewhat out of alignment while traveling with it on several long trips.

I was involved with business matters, and didnít have the time to realign it myself prior to my next trip. Sent it up to Alan and he did his usual extraordinary outstanding job.

Had a couple of lengthy chats with him, and believe me when I say that anything you need done to any Elecraft, he is your guy.

An expert with decades of experience, and a pleasure to work with, you wonít go wrong using Alan to take care of any of your problems. Price was right also.

Would I use him again? Absolutely.

By the way, I have been building radios for almost 60 years, so I
know and can tell the good from the bad and the ugly. Alan's the best.

You won't be sorry dealing with Alan Wilcox.

Bruce W7JBB

K2IB Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2011 10:33 Send this review to a friend
K1 Repair  Time owned: months
Alan Wilcox W3DVX is an extraordinary craftsman. He repair my K1 very quickly. the rig was back to me in less than a week. It work perfectly. Alan email me and also called to keep me informed.
When the radio returned all repairs and adjustments were well documented.
My thanks to Alan for a job well done.
I highly recommend alan to any one that needs his help.

K8RBW Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2011 06:18 Send this review to a friend
Alan to the Rescue (Again)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a K2 with battery installed off of Ebay. The K2 is an excellent CW rig and I looked forward to using it on Field Day. I thought that because it was an early serial number that it may have been built by an experienced builder. For my next purchase I will be buying the Washington Monument. It was advertised as "guaranteed not DOA." A more accurate description would have been "on life support." I had Alan go over it and there were a multitude of problems that prior owners had endured over the years. I honestly don't think the fellow who sold me the radio had a clue as to the true condion of the radio. Alan updated the radio, repaired numerous errors by the builder, and returned it in excellent operating condition. Thank you, Alan! You are wonderful!
de Dick, K8RBW

K6ADG Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2011 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have an early K2 and actively kept it updated until 2004 when I decided to just use it.Recently I tried to catch up to 7 years of neglect and forgetting which DIP socket I put in put in backwards. After some frustration, I sent it to Alan and I now remember why I love this little radio, plus it puts out nearly twice the power. Great work with quick turnaround.