Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | CW Decoder Help

Reviews Summary for CW Decoder
Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: The CW Decoder from WD6CNF is really very amazing. Also has several other useful apps on his site
More info: http://www.hotamateurprograms.com/downloads.htm

You can write your own review of the CW Decoder.

W1AET Rating: 4/5 Jul 15, 2016 08:02 Send this review to a friend
CW Decoder Ver #  Time owned: more than 12 months
To find version number of most software in Windows, click on the help tab at the top, and in the drop down window click on "About". It should show the version number.

K5XOM Rating: 2/5 May 29, 2016 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Doesn't work for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
How do now if I have the latest version?
The one I have is ver: 3.51 by WD6CNF.
When I launch it, it says that it cannot find a sound card. My laptop does have audio output.
Also, When I try to exit out of the program, it doesn't shut down and I can't close it out.

W1BG Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2015 21:12 Send this review to a friend
Time To Give It Another Try  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As a follow-up to my original post, CWDecoder has undergone some considerable rework and the previous problem with a "bad fist" or cadencing issues when sending appear to HAVE BEEN RESOLVED. If you've previously tried it and didn't like it, I'd suggest giving it another try.

W2EJG Rating: 2/5 Jun 26, 2014 07:04 Send this review to a friend
Can't open download  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Download link doesn't work. Have tried to download from different sires. No joy. Looks like a fun program if you can get it up and running

KA4PNV Rating: 3/5 Aug 20, 2013 06:06 Send this review to a friend
A little off Beat  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found this program to work as it should
receive text ok tx worked,but was like someone
sending with a bad fist.The CW rhythm was like
a off beat drummer.Not smooth and ear pleasing.
Im a musician,and this program is a little off beat.
CW Type is a example of what CW should sound like
smooooooooth that's my opinion Thanks KA4PNV
ka4pnv.com

W7BIG Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2013 10:46 Send this review to a friend
SignaLink USB and IC-7000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love equipment that just works as desired. Easy instructions to wire this thing up for my ICOM 7000 and works like a charm. I'm using mostly FLDIGI and have used CW, MT-63 modes so far. I'm new to digital so am still figuring out setup for RTTY. Probably easier than I think, BTW.

Just follow the instructions for set up and especially assigning(or not) the SignaLink card properly in your computer and digital software.

Like the small footprint and clean controls as well. Like it a lot.

W5LRU Rating: 4/5 Feb 8, 2013 12:34 Send this review to a friend
CW Decoder w/SignaLink USB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good for RX with SignaLink USB but no option to use for TX. Better choice is to use Hamscope which works for both TX RX using SignaLink USB.

VK4WTN Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2012 01:54 Send this review to a friend
Wow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only installed this program today and am amazed at how well it works.I am only using it to receive but it works well beyond my expectations.I am running it from my TS590 and it worked straight away no set up procedures needed.It is simple to use and had it going straight away.So if you wanta good CW decoder that is free and works this is for you
Wayne VK4WTN

KG0EW Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2012 21:23 Send this review to a friend
Impressive!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Using via USB connection to TS-590S and works perfectly (on receive). I am amazed at how well it decodes CW - even weak signals on a noisy band. This is an excellent program!

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 4/5 Jan 5, 2011 12:54 Send this review to a friend
yes, the default soundcard!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes, the program decodes very very well. Probably better than most. You can use internal or external soundcard, but the default soundcard MUST be the one that you use. You select the default soundcard via the Windows Control Panel. I found no other way. That is the inconvenience. Other programs, such as Cwget allow you to use a non default soundcard within the program. CWdecoder instead, as far as I know, uses only the default soundcard and if you want to use another soundcard you have to change the default soundcard within the Windows control panel. That is annoying and, because of that, too often I use other programs. More, I would say that in transmit I prefer Cwtype as ptt in CWdecoder acts so fast that between words my radio goes in RX, maybe this is due to my particular setting.