Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil PR 781 Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Heil PR 781 Microphone
Heil PR 781 Microphone Reviews: 87 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $179.00
Description: Dynamic microphone designed for the IC 7800,successor of the PR780
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/

You can write your own review of the Heil PR 781 Microphone.

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2014 21:41 Send this review to a friend
Superb Audio!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This past fall I found a new Behringer Euro Rack UB802 mixer for $30 in a pawn shop. I ordered a Heil PR-781 mic, 2 foot switches, and made some mic cables to go between the mixer and each of my radios(IC-9100 and an IC-2720). I used the Monitor function on the IC-9100 to listen to myself with headphones while I adjusted the EQ. Went on the air and the compliments on my audio poured in. This mic is a winner when paired with a mixer with EQ and a mic pre-amp. Highly recommended! 10 thumbs up!

KG4EYG Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2014 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This mic was designed for any 600 ohm mic radio requirements, but it was made for the Yaesu family, in my opinion. You can get this mic for between $120-$140, and it will out perform the PR-30/40s. Since I started using this mic with my Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V and FT-920, I have had nothing but unsolicited compliments every time I transmit. Thanks to Bob Heil and the good folks at Heil Sound for recommending this microphone to me!

KE4QZW Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2013 17:36 Send this review to a friend
SUPER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had this mic for several weeks and I am very happy with it. Works as advertised and thanks to WA6DKN for helping me get the audio right.

N9GUU Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2013 06:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my PR-781 at Dayton last year from DX Engineering. DX Wnated $179 but I wanted to match $129 from the DXstore.com. With some "pursuading", DX finally agreeded to match the price. Anyway...I use my PR-781 on a boom with an ICOM IC-7410. At first I was told that the audio was weak, didn't work well on VOX and was initally disapointed. However after setting the radio to the settings suggested on the Heil website, it now works perfect and I get great audio reports. Others have said that they have rust problems with the front screen. After a year of use, I dont notice that. Bottom line...I would give it a solid 5 especially if you can get it for $129.

N0IU Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2013 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Nice gift from Heil  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't think much more can be said about this microphone that hasn't already been said. I received mine just in time for the 2013 CQ WPX contest and I was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived in a heavily padded aluminum "road case". It was a special promotion and if you hurry, maybe you can get one too!

AD4GB Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2013 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Love it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My wife got me a PR-781 for my birthday a few years ago and I love it! I always get great sig. reports and audio reports. I already had a PR-40 and so I compared the two and nobody could tell the difference so I sold the PR-40 and kept the PR-781!

KC9ISG Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2013 16:05 Send this review to a friend
I have one and love it...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a PR781 and love it great audio and alot of great comments from the contacts i make. I run it on my 746pro.

N4WN Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2013 10:10 Send this review to a friend
Huge difference  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I operate a Kenwood TS2000 with a Kenwood Tl-922A.
I had a Kenwood MC-60 before the PR781.
The MC-60 kept having the common RF problem getting into the signal. With Preamp on and even with mic gain down, it continually picked up fan noise from both amp and radio. With preamp off, not enough audio. After all the problems, I shelved the MC60 and spent the bucks for the PR781. It is pricey but the difference is phenomenal. The front firing microphone of the 781 blocks side and rear noises very effectively. I get unsolicited praises of the audio routinely. I considered the HM-12 and it is cheaper and folks that have them are happy with them. I cant speak for that but I would purchase the PR-781 again....even at the higher price.

K5WRK Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2012 00:12 Send this review to a friend
GREAT MIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I JUST RAG-CHEW ON 75/80 & 40 METERS,PEOPLE I NORMALLY TALK WITH ASK WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE AUDIO? SOUNDS BETTER THAN YOU EVER HAVE,LOOKS GOOD ON THIS HB-1 BOOM ALSO.I JUST RUN HIGH BOOST IN THE RADIO NO OUTBOARD EQing.I HAVE A KENWOOD TS-570.

KI4NBE Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2012 04:10 Send this review to a friend
YAESU FT 950/HEIL PR 781  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a GREAT Combo but like many others getting the RFI in the Audio I had to change from the Yellow mic cable(Yaesu) to a special Orange cable.(Also made by Heil).
After changing the cable BOY was I a Happy Pappy then.
I bought the PR-781 to replace a MD-100 desk mic.
Now the MD-100 mic is a good mic too but I wanted a mic that would sound great with the Ft-950 that I could sit back and bring it to me on a boom rather then leaning over to a desk mic. After a while if you have a bad lower back (Hit and Run Drunk)from a bike wreak I'm now happy with PR-781.
OK now more on the Mic it's self.
I Run the EQ on the FT 950 from the set up on the Heil Website and it does super Great for my voice.
I have heard and read that many operator's don't like bassy Audio but I love it and I have had many others tell me the bass sound from my voice with the FT-950 using the PR 781 sound great and very understandable.
Like most others Bob Heil Thank you for yet another great mic in the Amateur Radio Field.
73 George KI4NBE