Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | Amateurlogic.TV Help

Reviews Summary for Amateurlogic.TV
Amateurlogic.TV Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $FREE!!!
Description: Amateur Radio orientated vidcast available for download from Youtube or from http://www.amateurlogic.tv Also covers Digital Photography, Computing and other tech topics.
More info: http://www.amateurlogic.tv

You can write your own review of the Amateurlogic.TV.

K7GDE Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2013 11:49 Send this review to a friend
Good Show  Time owned: more than 12 months
There are more then 54 episodes in the can now. Its a great show and I look forward to the new episode each month. Its nice they are keeping up with the times and doing Ham projects with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.

The show is available from the website, YouTube, and Roku

KI7N Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2008 12:58 Send this review to a friend
A ham radio TV show  Time owned: more than 12 months
I give this video podcast a 5 based on quality and content, but my 5 is based on about the last 6 installments of the show. The earlier shows seemed to venture out of strictly ham radio topics and IMHO were not as good as the recent episodes. But that's fine, it's better to see a show like this improve with time rather than degrade over time as many other things seem to do.

These days, I look forward to each new episode. The MFJ and Ameritron factory tours were particulary interesting.

They have an RSS link set up such that my Zune media player automaticaly downloads the most recent show, and I don't even have to visit their web site to know when a new episode is released.

VK3PB Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2007 05:12 Send this review to a friend
Re: Episodes 1-12 - Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hi all

First let me put in a disclaimer here in that as of episode 13 of Amateurlogic I am a contributor to this program however as I had no involvement with episodes 1-12 I feel I can make some comment on these episodes in isolation. I will leave it to others to pass judgement on later episodes.

First a description of the program. All 3 presenters (Jimmy, George and Tommy) are licensed hams and clearly have "The Knack" (refer Dilbert episode). The program has included significant amateur-related content (eg hamfests) but has also featured segments on tech subjects such as digital photography, wifi, computing, soldering and broadcast equipment. It would be fair to say that most people with a technical leaning would find some content to which they would relate.

The downloaded video is good quality (VGA) and it is evident that much work has gone into the video and audio post production. This would not look out of place on a good quality tech cable channel. The producers are to be commended for the effort put into this particular aspect of the program.

The content is variable as with most shows of this nature. I really enjoyed the Cantenna episodes, the segment on soldering, Jimmy's efforts at trying to handle a blowtorch and Tommy's digital photo tips. Some segments were of lesser interest to me but given the general tech nature of the show this is not surprising. I am sure there are many viewers who found them relevant.

The monthly timing of the show is good but the long lag between episodes 12 and 13 obviously would have disappointed some fans. I am sure that with some extra help this will be rectified.

All in all I think what these three guys have done is something all hams should be proud of. They have managed to produce a series of programs in a professional manner that is capable or reaching an Amateur Radio audience and even beyond to a younger tech-orientated audience of non-hams. At this stage there is still not widespread knowledge of the program so perhaps some further marketing is needed. However I have noticed on Youtube and elsewhere that the episodes are consistently rated highly by the viewers that have downlaoded the episodes(eg 4.5-5 stars out of 5.

I would give the first 12 episodes 5/5 for effort, professionalism, relevance to Amateur Radio and because Jimmy, Tommy and George have put in a significant amount of effort to produce something that they get no personal financial benefit from.

I hope others enjoy the first 12 episodes as much as I have.

Regards from Melbourne Australia