Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | TRX-Manager Help

Reviews Summary for TRX-Manager
TRX-Manager Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $70
Description: TRX-Manager Control & Logging software for Yaesu Icom Kenwood
More info: http://www.trx-manager.com

You can write your own review of the TRX-Manager.

K9SO Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2014 02:33 Send this review to a friend
The best rig control SW I've ever used  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say enough good things about this program and Laurent's support of it. It's a very complex program and will take you some time to master it. Once you do, you'll never look back.
You're not just buying a program, you're buying an evolving support system along with it too. When Yaesu came out with their new FTDX3000D, I bought one. Because it was so new, this program did not support it. But Laurent worked with me and came out with a new release of the software that worked perfectly with it. All within 48 hours too!
Logging functionality (especially along with PDA) is exceptional.
Great work Laurent.

K0KVR Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2013 07:56 Send this review to a friend
The Best and Support is exceptional  Time owned: more than 12 months
I replaced my WIndows XP PC with a WIndows 7 machine and wanted to install all the same software. I have TRX-MANAGER for at least 8 years and found it to be exceptional. It effectively integrates all the other packages so that they talk to each other and most with a mouse point and click. I recently installed release 5 and it is great as well. I had a few questions about the integration with other products I use, e.g. ARSVCOM rotator software, so I emailed Laurent for assistance and received a response and help within a few hours. It took me less that 24 hours to resolve the issues. Being able to quickly identify DX spots you need in your log for any award, get your transceiver on the frequency, and your antenna rotated properly when DX is spotted often makes the difference as to whether you will be able to work the DX before the pile up gets out of control. This product will do all that and much much more.

KJ6YVT Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2012 13:50 Send this review to a friend
TRX-Manager Enables Station Functionality Otherwise Unobtainabl  Time owned: 6 to 12 months

I have found TRX-Manager enhances my station operation in so many ways, that I can't imagine operating without it.

TRX-Manager enables me to click on a peak in the spectrum window, or an entry in the DX Cluster Spots, and instantly tune to it with the correct QRX offset, mode, etc. One click in the integrated logbook, and the contact station's call, signal report, frequency, time, date, etc. (including my output power) are all captured ready for editing and logging. Or, you can hover your mouse pointer over one of the VFO display digits, and roll your mouse-wheel to increment the frequency by that decade. This variable frequency incremental tuning is much more awkward without TRX-Manager.

TRX-Manager integrates with all my hardware permitting me to select an IC-7800 VFO frequency and instantly have the assigned antenna selected, the Alpha 87A linear amplifier tuned correctly, the correct mode for that portion of the band selected, the beam aimed, and an audio record of the QSO created. TRX-Manager also integrates with the LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter simultaneously displaying SWR,transmit power, and all the other parameters that hardware is capable of reporting; that's something the hardware alone can't do.

I find that diversity reception aids in improving signal intelligibility by effectively overcoming QSB to a greater of lesser degree. This IC-7800 CI-V sequence programmed into one of the Function-buttons in the Monitoring window reduces the front-panel button presses from five to one. This is almost as good having the IC-7800 'B' Sub receiver track the 'A' Main receiver VFO (a feature others have lamented being absent):

CAT Command: 07B1/07C1/07D1/120001/164001/07D0
Off: 07c0
Label: Dvsty

That CAT Command copies the Main VFO frequency to the Sub receiver, selects the Sub receive/transmit antenna, enables Dualwatch, and re-selects the Main receiver. Clicking it again toggles diversity reception off.

I still haven't explored many of the features TRX-Manager offers, but I have learned, that if I need a particular function, I usually find that Laurent has already provided it. The context-sensitive integrated help concisely guides me through mastering it very quickly.

I'm very much looking forward to exploring TRX-Manager's REMOTE STATION OPERATION over the Internet capabilities, including iPhone control. Here's a link to a two videos that show more TRX-Manager features than I'm able to provide here:

Laurent's support is phenomenally quick and through. He implements new features at the mere suggestion. Because Laurent is responsive to user input, TRX-Manager is more finely honed and demand-driven than if it were limited to the input from a single user. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that TRX-Manager's feature-set and user-interface are intuitive, comprehensive, and rich, yielding brisk and pleasurable station operation.

Of course, you can demo TRX-Manager for free.

K0KVR Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2012 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this program for years and have always felt nothing could be better. It integrates all packages easily into a single window for execution, e.g. MTTY and PSK31 and others, plus includes logging CAT controls for most transceivers and control of my rotator using another not so common software package. It provides TELNET and Web spots and keeps tabs on DXCC counts. You can right click to dx atalas for bearings and do a host of other things includin an interface to google world maps. Support is the best I have ever seen. I worked with Laurent on many occassions on simple and difficult issues and he works tirelessly until the issue is fixed. This product is well worth the money.

W3DCB Rating: 3/5 Aug 3, 2009 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Ok...fair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I mainly bought the program to be able to turn on my FTdx9000D as Ham Radio Deluxe will not turn the 9000 off and on via the CAT. Have not found any one, even on the HRD forum or the FTdx9000 forum who could just tell me what the CAT command is to turn on the FTdx9000 radio. I know that it is just a simple CAT command, but Yaesu does not bother to publish the command in the CAT manuel -- stupid eh? I find the TRX program to be limited in scope and abililty compared to HRD...TRX will not control most functions of the radio (or most functions on my other radios either). I was able to input a few more CAT commands into the "Buttons" which can be programmed. Well, it accomplishes what I needed it to do...it turns on my FTdx9000D so that I can close the TRX program and operate my Yaesu radio with HRD. A bit expensive for the privilige though. I wish it would do the same for my IC-7800. I guess it is worth the money for what it does.

KE1IN Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2008 07:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Station Automation Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Yaesu FT-757GX (the original) which has some primitive CAT instructions. Unfortunately, CAT control on this radio is open-loop, i.e., the software receives no information from the radio. And few control programs have even been written for it.

After much searching and gnashing of teeth, I came across TRX-Manager. Laurent, F6DEX, has managed to work within the CAT control limitations and produced a usable control interface. Better yet, frequency can be adjusted from the numeric keypad '+' and '-' keys. This means it is very easy to program those keycodes into the Griffin PowerMate and use it as a VFO knob. I also programmed the keycode for 'I' into the 'click' function to toggle the "INC" function on/off.

I have not mentioned how I'm interfacing a COM port to the CAT port on the FT-757GX. The CAT port takes a TTL serial interface. For that, I'm using RigExpert Standard with a cable made for the FT-757GX. Unfortunately, the 3-pin Molex connector is not longer available, but I managed with salvaging a 2-pin HD LED connector from a discarded PC chassis. I just need to be sure I plug GND into pin 1, Signal into pin 2, and ignore pin 3, which puts out an ALC voltage.

There is a nice logging window which will pull frequency from the rig interface, and call sign from a DX cluster spot (either Telnet, Web, or PacketCluster). For a more sophisticated logging application, TRX-Manager will interface with LOGic 8 via OLE, which I haven't tried as I don't have LOGic 8.

I also enjoy the CW keying interface, in which I can key the rig through the RigExpert Standard. However, I don't have a way of connecting CW paddles this way as I did through the MFJ-1278B.

Lastly, one of the other modules I found useful was the Terminal window through which I can connect to the MFJ-1278B.

There are many more features built into TRX-Manager that I haven't even begun to explore. Doubtless, other reviewers will find them useful in their own shacks.

If you have an original Yaesu FT-757GX, and have always wanted to use the CAT control but couldn't, don't despair. TRX-Manager helps make it possible with fully integrated station automation.

YO3VU Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2008 03:46 Send this review to a friend
BEST  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is one of the most comprehensive radio control and logbook around. Now it can control 4 radios, which is a great plus. It is easy to use and all the add-on are great. I do keep my logbook on it, and I am very satisfied with. Anytime I use phone modes I open my TRX-manager.

OE1DIA Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2005 23:03 Send this review to a friend
Great software - great support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Excellent software - Laurent response to any question or problem is very quick and professional. He helped to get my serial card work with his software.

KC9EJG Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2005 08:48 Send this review to a friend
Good Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I feel that this program is Great. I have used it for nearly two years on my Icom Radios. I did have some problems in the start however the support is great. My problems were from "Brain Fade: lolo not from the program. Laurent has done a GREAT job on the program and the support.

Check it out give it a try.

AB7JK Rating: 1/5 Apr 24, 2005 20:21 Send this review to a friend
Not worth for free  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I only used this program for about three hours, three hours which I'll never get back. I was trying to get the program to step through the shortwave frequencies say from 9.4 mhz to 10.0 mhz. I was able to enter 9.4 mhz in the display but then the program only wants to scan and you can't stop the scanning on a particular frequency - you always miss. There isn't any info in the help notes on how to step through the frequencies - only notes on how to QSY (French translation for scanning I suppose). This program is totally unintuitive. Don't waste your money. Don't download the Demo unless you want to waste an afternoon.