Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | TRX-Manager Help

Reviews Summary for TRX-Manager
TRX-Manager Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $70
Description: TRX-Manager Control & Logging software for Yaesu Icom Kenwood
More info: http://www.trx-manager.com

You can write your own review of the TRX-Manager.

AB7JK Rating: 1/5 Apr 24, 2005 20:21 Send this review to a friend
Not worth for free  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I only used this program for about three hours, three hours which I'll never get back. I was trying to get the program to step through the shortwave frequencies say from 9.4 mhz to 10.0 mhz. I was able to enter 9.4 mhz in the display but then the program only wants to scan and you can't stop the scanning on a particular frequency - you always miss. There isn't any info in the help notes on how to step through the frequencies - only notes on how to QSY (French translation for scanning I suppose). This program is totally unintuitive. Don't waste your money. Don't download the Demo unless you want to waste an afternoon.

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2004 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Superb Ham Shack Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this software for over a year interfaced to my IC-756PROII and IC-910H. Works very well together. I also use PDA's LOGic 7 and Afreet's DXAtlas with seamless OLE integration. I highly recommend it!

Plus the software's Author, Laurent F6DEX, upgrades the program with new features every few months which are always free to registered users.

Latest version, 3.71, supports digital modes with the Icom 756PROII/7400/7800(USB-D,LSB-D). Not to mention remote control of your radio's frequency using your computers mouse wheel and remote control of most of your radios functions. Great for SWLing.

W4TQT Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2004 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Happy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used to think nothing could beat (or even be as good as) a physical knob for tuning a radio. I was wrong. I set TRX manager to increment my Icom 746 Pro in 500 Hz steps and can scan down or up by just holding down the the left or right mouse buttons respectively. I can back up, or go forward easily to obtain the best audio quality. This is the most valuable feature of the program for me. After getting used to it, it would be a pain to go back to the knob on the rig.

N0UA Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2004 11:38 Send this review to a friend
Getting Better  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a rewrite of my previous review. The main issue I had was with the lack of handling of the data modes for USB and LSB in the 756 PRO II. Laurent is currently working on this (I have seen a beta of 3.7.x with the USB-D and LSB-D functionality partially completed).

The band stacking register issue for 756 PRO & II is still outstanding.

N0UA Rating: 3/5 Apr 9, 2004 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Not for 756PRO II  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this software for over a year.Currently have version 3.6.5 loaded. My primary complaint is that on the IC-756 PRO and PROII it does not deal with the digital modes (USB-D & LSB-D) in its basic command set. Yes, you can set up macros to switch into these modes. However, they are cumbersome. IF you are in USB-D mode and you switch to another band, the radio is always put back into the basic USB mode. For this reason I do not use the sofware for PSK-31.

Band stacking registers are also not handled. You can set up your own memories for this - but a basic button for the registers would be nice.

G8KMR Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2004 08:35 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this software for over 12 months now and continue to be more than impressed with both the software and the excellent support by Laurent. I can only echo the comments posted on this site by others regarding this software. I have just upgraded from version 3.6.2 to version 3.6.3. I found a minor bug with the S meter analysis function with the new version, I e-mailed Laurent pointing out the problem and he e-mailed me back within the hour to say he had checked it out and was fixing it. Then he contacted me again to say it was fixed. I am now using the version with the bug fix and all working well!
I use this software both with my Yausu ft-847 and also my Icom ic706mk11G.
Once again, excellent and cannot recommend it highly enough.

73, Mike, G8KMR.

K1US Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2003 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Superb software!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

In 50 years of hamming, I've seen and used many different "operating aids." This one is tops! TRX Manager is superb software, and does a great job for my setup here at K1US in Maine. This is without doubt the finest combination of precision programming, flexibility, and user-friendliness I have encountered in nearly two decades of using ham radio software. Great monitoring of the TS-2000 with its many specialized functions, (does just as well on my TS-870,) an excellent CW keyer which can use the CAT link directly, too many fine features to begin to list. The other reviewers here are rightly enthusiastic. If you're looking for a solid general purpose logger and rig controller, this one is highly recommended. I'd rate it a 6 out of 5 !

Jon, K1US

NB2A Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2003 09:40 Send this review to a friend
Great and free updates too!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is by far the best feature filled CAT program availble. It also has many added features such as DX tracking,packet cluster access,beacons,etc. There is too much to list here!
In fact the free updates include upgrades and additions!
I am using this on more than one radio the FT1000 mkV and the Icom 765.
Good luck.

W8VKD Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2003 21:59 Send this review to a friend
Perfection  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have run this software for a year now with my TS-2000. It runs flawlessly. Free updates, great support...what else can you possibly want? I'm a real happy camper with this one!

M3RDX Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2002 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Love It !!!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using trx manager now for about 1 year both as a swl and now as a licenced ham and it has interfaced with the TS570dge,ts870s,Ic756pro,Ic765,Ic746,all with very few problems
any problems I had were my fault and laurent email me back very quickly with help and advice I send my Log direct to EQSL and it sends EQSL'S to all in the log
it interfaces great with the Dx cluster and also you can set it up to alert you to any individual callsign or country callsign as soon as it is posted on the cluster
it does far to much to explain here but it is very well priced and makes logging easy not a chore
Ian M3RDX