Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Norwalk Electronics Dominator 5/8 wave vertical for 6m Help

Reviews Summary for Norwalk Electronics Dominator 5/8 wave vertical for 6m
Norwalk Electronics Dominator 5/8 wave vertical for 6m Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $189.00
Description: The Dominator 6M was specifically built to handle the demanding requirements for repeater use with a base diameter of 1-3/4 inches and nearly 1/8 thick high grade 6061 magnesium alloy aluminum tubing. It's large open frame matching transformer easily handles 1 KW drive power. The wide bandwidth of the 5/8 wave design provides under 2:1 VSWR over the entire 50 to 54 MHz. band with a perfect match at it's tuned frequency. It's "virtual mirror" ground plane system utilizes eight 1/4 wave ground radials to insure the highest efficiency possible. No single 6 meter omni directional antenna made can outperform this 5/8 wave.
More info: http://www.fmbroadcastantenna.com

You can write your own review of the Norwalk Electronics Dominator 5/8 wave vertical for 6m.

W1GPO Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2013 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Did not detune one bit with 1/8 inch ice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the years I have tested just about every type of 6 meter vertical made commercially for ham and lowband 2-way, and built my own. My conclusion is that for chimney or roof mount locations, this antenna will give the most gain at the horizon for it's length, and give superior decoupling to the mast/feedline to help reduce RF receive and transmitter household interference. It had the widest bandwidth, and did not detune with weather. The antenna hardly shows if painted with camoflage paint,and trees are nearby (Had wife acceptance!)

N0PQK Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2012 22:20 Send this review to a friend
This antenna is built like a tank, and very easy to assemble.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this antenna in 2012 and after two years its still working perfectly. The construction is second to none. I highly recommend this antenna for 6 meter work.

K3DAV Rating: 4/5 Apr 8, 2012 20:49 Send this review to a friend
This is one HOT antenna.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am amazed at how broadbanded this antenna is. The SWR is dead flat in the center of 6 meters, and never goes above 1.2:1 at 50 and 54MHz. I don't need the auto tuner on 6M anymore. I am hitting the same repeaters that I hit with my old Comet GP-15 tri-bander on 6M, but I now need less power to get in to them full quieting. It even works great down on the SSB frequencies for distance. Norwalk Electronics designed a super antenna with the Dominator 6M. This antenna is built heavy duty to last. It's a keeper to be sure. GET ONE ASAP! You won't be disappointed.

N8OFS Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2011 12:22 Send this review to a friend
THIS THING RULES!!!!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is just flat out the GREATEST 6M 5/8 wave vertical antenna EVER!!! I've had mine with NO problems for 3+ years... I use it portable, it's never been on a tower... I can have it up and on the air in 10 minutes... email me for pics of my installations... If you are SERIOUS about 6M FM simplex and the /repeaters, then THIS antenna is for YOU!!!

(and ohhh by the way, it also works quite well in the 15M General Phone portion)...

Andy N8OFS GOT6??? SMIRK#6737 IHRAS#0007
The CrAzY 52.525FM only, sometimes found in a Caboose guy...

K5PEW Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2008 22:07 Send this review to a friend
The best 6 meter vertical by far  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Dominator 6 is one of the best built antennas I have ever seen. It is expertly designed, and construction is beyond rugged.

I have worked all over the United States on as little as 8 watts with excellent reports.

This antenna has no equal in the market.

KG8Q Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2008 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Built like a tank/ plays like a BMW  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the end all in 5/8 wave 6 meter verticals. The base section is 2" in diameter. The fit and construction is every bit of commercial. Good hardware and all aluminum too . Couldn't be happier.

KC9JCH Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2007 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Superior Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna about a month ago and couldn't be happier. This thing is built like a tank. The tuning steps are clearly marked on the top radiator, and it was right on at 50.125 as set up. No adjustment necessary to get a virtual 1:1 swr. There haven't been many big 6m openings in the last few weeks, but I turned the radio on to 6 this evening and have worked quite a few new grids including XE1KK in EK09 from my home in Wisconsin (EN55). That's over 3000 km on a mediocre opening. Yes, I know a beam would give me more gain, but this thing is sitting in a tripod on the roof of my garage. No rotor, nothing fancy, just a great vertical. I have used it on fm for 6m repeaters as well, and it is broadbanded enough that when I go from 50.125 ssb to 52.830 fm, my swr meter doesn't budge. Great product and free shipping.