Reviews Categories | Digital Multi-mode decoders | RigExpert Standard Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert Standard
RigExpert Standard Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $205.
Description: RigExpert Standard is an electronic device designed to operate phone, CW, and digital modes using personal computer and transceiver. Previously, a TNC or sound card was needed for this purpose, along with lots of cables, occupying computer sound card and serial ports. All of this is not needed anymore. Following up-to-date technology, USB interface is chosen to connect RigExpert Standard to a computer. No additional interface circuit needed for transceiver connection.

RigExpert Standard features:
Along with MixW software, operates phone, CW, PSK31, RTTY, Packet, AMTOR(FEC), MFSK, THROB, MT63, Hellschreiber, SSTV, receives PACTOR and fax images - all in one! No TNC required!
Any other soundcard software may be used: tested with DigiPan, MMTTY, EchoLink,DX4WIN,Logger32,WriteLog,RCKRTTY,N1MM etc.
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista compatible.
Makes free computer soundcard and COM ports previously used for operating digital modes.
USB connection to computer.
Single 25-pin connector for transceiver connection.
CAT interface tested with Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, Ten-Tec, Elecraft and JRC transceivers. The device is able to work with any future type of transceiver.
Transformer coupled audio input and output to minimize interference.
Shielded aluminum case.
Comprehensive documentation and support.
More info: http://www.rigexpert.net

You can write your own review of the RigExpert Standard.

VA3TR Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2008 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent device and support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up the box at a local hamfest and had it receiving PSK31 in about 20 minutes. A 5 minute call to Yuri who provides support in North America had me up doing QRP QSOs with my FT-817. I ordered cables for my other rigs and they arrived in 2 business days. I plugged in the FT-1000D and got CAT working but could not get anything on the waterfall. Once again a quick call to Yuri solved the problem 3 minutes this time and the problem was that I had not fully seated one of the connectors. Entirely my error.

When you pull out your credit card for this product you are getting a very sophisticated device and probably the best customer support that I have experienced in over 20 years as a ham. Having only one cable going to the computer and one cable to the rig with lots of pre-wired connectors is just so much easier than my previous interface (an RB-Pro which is now for sale). I can definitely recommend the RigExpert, particularly if you are new to digital modes and want to spend time operating and not trying to figure our how to get your interface working.

G0OTT Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2008 07:19 Send this review to a friend
exellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Filled all my needs in digital modes,also cat controle works a treat,had initial problems with cat but these were fixed with a few emails informing me my radio had earlier eprom,changed setting in mixW and all fb now.
Together with MixW this deliver's exellent results with minimal fuss!
Regard's Darren

MW0EDX Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2008 15:19 Send this review to a friend
AAAAA ++++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Afer using some off interfaces and having to manually change frequncy, mode etc purchased the RigExpert Standard.

Quite pleased with it - my DIGI, CW and SSB activity has been very update and now I ENJOY the contacts and NOT waste my time for tuning various bits and pieces.

Customer support is excellent - I once calle at 22.00 - and my call was (!) answered and assistance provided.

73 !

RU3QR Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2007 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Device that I needed!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After numerous and time consuming experiments with home made interfaces and a lot of frustration I bought RigExpert Standard from RN6AM who is RE distributor in Russia. As soon as I installed drivers and configured my logging software all my headaches were left behind. CAT works exceptionally well with all 4 radios that I own: TS-450S, IC746PRO, IC756 and IC756PROII. I am using RigExpert on all modes including RTTY, PSK and SSTV and I am getting excellent quality reports on the air. The noise floor dropped significantly as compared to computer internal sound card. It allows me to copy weaker signals on Digital modes.
I was using this interface in 2006 Rumble BPSK31 Contest and I won it: http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney_results07.html
It helped me to win the following Contests: December 2006 DIGI+SSTV (#1), Russian WW PSK (#3) and Skirmich BPSK31 (#1).
It prints so good that I don't even use my QRZ macros anymore!
I am using it with Notebook SAMSUNG-X30 (Pentium (R)M 1.6 GHz), Win XP and MixW2.18.
Highly recommended for serious DIGI operation!
73! Sergey RU3QR

RA3BB Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2007 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use RigExpert Standard four months. The RigExpert Standard is totally compatable with any and all Ham radio digital software, I have not found anything that will not work.
At this interface is additional COM port which I use for connection TNC PK-232MBX.I did it for comparison of work TNC and RigExpert Standard. At work RTTY of a difference it was not felt, and in some cases reception by means of RigExpert Standard was better.
RigExpert Standard very well itself has proved at work in contest. As in CW, Digital and SSB. I did not have any problems at a configuration and use of programs N1MM, WriteLog, RCKRTTY, RCKLOG.
I very much recommend all to get RigExpert Standard.
Yours faithfully Victor N. Kosobokov (RA3BB)