Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Bencher ZA-1A 1:1 Balun Help

Reviews Summary for Bencher ZA-1A 1:1 Balun
Bencher ZA-1A 1:1 Balun Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Accepts 1/4" nylon support rope, #8 brass studs for RF connect.
More info: http://www.bencher.com/radioequip.html

You can write your own review of the Bencher ZA-1A 1:1 Balun.

N4FDG Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2007 20:03 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this one up in the air for 25 years and it still works as good as the day I first put it up. Today I changed out the coax and reinstalled it on a 25' pole. It's still in good shape and tunes fine.

WZ7I Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2002 16:06 Send this review to a friend
Are they the best available?  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I donít know if they are the best balun available, and frankly I donít care very much. I just stick them up and they work. They solve the issues I want to solve and they donít break or corrode or saturate or develop intermittent problems.

I could not be more pleased with a product that gives me honest value for the money.

K3LYE Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2002 16:03 Send this review to a friend
The best I have used!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own four of these balun's, I have tried many other brands and these work the best under all conditions. I used one for a tribander dipole in Guam for 2 years and it was my primary antenna with excellent results,(WAC, 1400 contacts 10m.,15m & 20m).
The same balun is serving on my back up 20m dipole
today with no wear/interference noted.

KL7DC Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2000 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Solid, Well Built Balun  Time owned: unknown months
I've owned 2 of these 1:1 baluns over the last 15 years and both are still in service. These units ARE well built and made to last for years. I've run 1 KW to them during contests (but not outside the resonant band) and they've lasted. Here's a description pasted from their page: "Accepts 1/4" nylon support rope for inverted Vees, etc. Heavy #8 brass studs for RF connection. Plated pure copper solder terminals. High-impact Cycolac© custom case with special anti-UV formulation for long life outside. DC grounded for lightning protection." A commercial quality product... check them out! 73.