Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | CQ100 Help

Reviews Summary for CQ100
CQ100 Reviews: 33 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $Free for 90 days, then $32/yr
Description: The so-called "virtual ionosphere" to allow legally licensed amateurs world-wide
the ability to make QSOs via the Internet
More info: http://qsonet.com

You can write your own review of the CQ100.

W0LOY Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2009 17:51 Send this review to a friend
great program!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It isn't "radio" so I agree with those who say it isn't "ham radio". BUT, since it is communication between hams I think a more accurate term to describe internet programs like CQ 100 would be "ham communications". And I think it is an excellent program that allows you to communicate with hams all over the world. Even Technicians,like myself, with HF restrictions on phone, can experience conversations with hams across the globe. It'll never replace the "radio" in ham radio but it's just another tool of ham operator communication.

KI4ETJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2009 17:20 Send this review to a friend
CQ100  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Wow ... this may not be "real ham radio on RF" (I will admit) but I am talking to "REAL" ham radio operators all over the globe.. and having a blast!.. Is that not what ham radio is all about?..
Well to each their own.. Try it ..You'll like it as Mikey (LIFE)once said... Oops now I'm telling my age ...

KI4ETJ...

KI6SWY Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2009 16:00 Send this review to a friend
Happy New Year  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to be the first post in the new year. In my opinion CQ100 is a great addition for ham radio enthusiasts. Not everyone has the money or the room for equiptment and antennas but still want to be part of the ham community. Being disabled and on a fixed income, it is impossible for me to obtain proper equiptment.
There are extremely polite and caring people who operate on CQ100. I am proud to be one of them.

W2BLC Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2008 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Much better than no radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I look at CQ100 as just another mode of ham operation. It is great for those that cannot have antennas, great when the bands are dead, and the audio is always clear.

I enjoy it very much, even though I have been on the air for 45+ years - and still am on the air.

No jamming, no snide unidentified comments, just good communication. And, communication is what ham radio is all about.

To make it real simple - CQ100 (VOIP ham radio) is much better than having no radio. $32 annually is very cheap entertainment.

K3FXR Rating: 4/5 Dec 13, 2008 09:57 Send this review to a friend
It's alot of fun!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Okay, I admit, it's not a real HF rig. But I enjoy using it. I've met some nice people on here and the nets are alot of fun.
I use it on an almost daily basis. . . And yes, I have a contest rig and antenna farm. I also like to rag chew. The HF bands are no longer a traditional rag chew spot. Real radio has become a 5/9 and 73 HF band now.
I enjoy contesting as much as the next guy, but, there are times when I like to rag chew. BTW, there are alot of people like myself with the big radio and antenna systems that are on CQ100. And. If you are limited by the annoyance of not being able to erect an HF antenna, This is alot of fun to get on and chat with anyone in the world. Just go to 14.200 and call CQ...Someone will come back to you!
It's way better than echolink.

KI6RRP Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2008 05:46 Send this review to a friend
A Great Experience  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The program is awesome for my particular situation, living in a condominium and a strict association. The CC&R's will not let me put up a decent antenna anywhere in my flat, only a satellite dish (receive only) on a small tripod. I am a paid CQ100 member and enjoy good QSO's everyday. Only problem I can see is if the server is down, I'm QRT till it returns. Still for those of us who don't have a yard with trees and small square footage, it and 2m will have to do.

OH5TK Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2008 03:13 Send this review to a friend
Still better  Time owned: more than 12 months
I download first time Jan 2007 and itīs still great software for ham use.Little better than Echolink or eQso.Recommended! I hope all hamīs try this....

K7NNG Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2008 17:51 Send this review to a friend
nice alternate to radio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Its nice to be able to talk with friends in the Phillippines or Dunlap Calif without static, noise...etc...downside is a few who take it upon themselves to use foul lanquage(mostly 4s and 8s)
They really sound stupid and mostly ignorant, and ought to learn english.

WB7AVF Rating: 4/5 Jul 8, 2008 17:01 Send this review to a friend
VOIP but fun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had nothing but fun in the trial period use of CQ100. It is NOT 'real' ham radio, but it's fun to work CW on and I've met some nice people. I think for setting up skeds on HF, roundtables and what not, it's pretty cool!

WA8MEA Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2008 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Best of the bunch....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I like the virtual transceiver's appearance. Set-up was easy, operation a breeze. Absolutely NO firewall issues as with other over-the-net ham radio programs. Fun to use on the road with my lap-top.