Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Belden 9913 Help

Reviews Summary for Belden 9913
Belden 9913 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$1.24 per foot
Description: This is the low loss brother to the 9913F. 50Ohm coax with a velocity factor of 85, and a nominal Delay of 1.2 ns/ft
Attenuation at 100 feet 400 Mhz 2.6
Power handing at 50 Mhz 1609 watts. 3217 watts at 10 Mhz, and 4021 watts at 5 Mhz.
More info: http://www.bswusa.com/searchresult.asp?searchType=category&subcat=wire-coax

You can write your own review of the Belden 9913.

W5KVV Rating: 2/5 Jan 3, 2017 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Ok for a dry climate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First off let me say Belden is some of the finest coax I have ever used. But, they straight up dropped the ball with this stuff. I was given a 30 ft run of it, too short for my needs but I had intended to build some low loss jumpers with it.

This coax draws water like nothing I've ever seen. I understand with proper connections and weather proofing this can be eliminated but... Not on inch of the 30 feet of 9913 I received was clean on the inside! Not just at the ends where the water intrusion could have occurred, but all 30' of this coax was green inside. And no, this wasn't some junk that had been laying out in the weather for years. It came from a working system where the coax was neatly tucked under the eve of a home. Rain would have had to come from the ground up for this stuff to even get wet ! This stuff passes water like a dang garden hose!

I can't recommend 9913. I have to recommend the similar LMR 400. It's strong, stays dry & does the job. It basically does everything the 9913 doesn't.

W1EL Rating: 2/5 Sep 26, 2009 16:21 Send this review to a friend
okay  Time owned: more than 12 months
The air dielectric design sucks water in like a straw when the cable is partially outside. I've never been able to keep it dry when any portion of the run is outside. There is also the question of the dissimalar (sp?) metals in the shielding. Given those limitations, I don't keep it in stock.

KC9MXZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2009 16:11 Send this review to a friend
Great low loss coax  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very low loss coax compared to most, especially at frequencies above HF. Quite stiff because of large solid center conductor. I like the fact that when you bend it it stays where you put it. May not be good where flexibility is needed however.