Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Radiowazv G5RV-E Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowazv G5RV-E
Radiowazv G5RV-E Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $35.00
Description: BUILT TO LAST!!

GREAT FOR USE AT THE LAKE, OR THE CABIN, OR ANY WHERE YOU CAN IMAGINE!!

OUT LASTS AND OUT PERFORMS ALL OTHER ANTENNA SYSTEMS LIKE IT!!

The G5RV family is made with of high quality UV insulated copper clad steel wire on the top and a heavy duty 300 ohm ladder line. This 300 Ohm twin lead is heavy duty PVC made to last in the most inclement of environments. You will not have to worry about the impedance going south when bad weather hits. This ladder line was designed with the elements in mind. The ladder line terminates into a SO 239 connector. These antennas are made to last. They are designed to be light, easy to work with, and easy to service.
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com/html/g5rv.htm

You can write your own review of the Radiowazv G5RV-E.

KB9NGX Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2014 06:15 Send this review to a friend
Takes care of business. And itself.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna now uses a strain - relief type center support. And a very tough jacketed, twin lead feeder section. It has remained in continuous service throughout the worst of weather extremes. I easily work Stations, near and DX with this antenna plugged into a 100 watt Transceiver. I have not had any problems with this antenna.

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2012 20:02 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this up since I was licensed back in 2008 when I was listening only but it does everything I expected of it. Up only 33 feet and fits barely on my lot but it works, and that's what counts. Made contacts on all bands from 6 through 160. Not bad for the price.

KB1QQA Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2009 20:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna for Price!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Super strong cooper clad steel wire has survived ice and high winds. Low untuned SWR- around 1.7:1 on 20 meters, 3:1 on 40 meters, and less than 2:1 on 75 meters. I only wish the end insulators were a little stronger. They are only pieces of a thin PCV type material; if anything breaks on the antenna, I would guess it would be the insulators. Otherwise the antenna is well built. Mine is at 40 feet, and with only 100 watts from a FT-897d I have contacts to much of North America, Europe, and many Central and South American countries from here in CT. Great antenna for the price.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2009 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The G5RV-E works excellent on 75M where I do my most talking everyday, low SWR 1.2 to 1.8 on 75M all bands work 1.1 through my ICOM PW-1 Amplifier. If I hear them I work them! The G5RV-E is at 36 ft to the apex. I like it so well brought two more for my later years. Great price as well. East to install.Can even work from 1860 to 1880 through the PW-1s tuner.......KB6HRT.

KG4YMC Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2009 13:36 Send this review to a friend
One tough antenna, works great for price  Time owned: months
Hi, I have bragged to radiowavz about the 104 foot g5 that I have. NO sooner did I do that than we had a bad storm that blew part of an oak tree on my g5 ,knocking it down. I had it strung between to oak trees, and the tree that fell down it was a dead oak tree at the top half I been meaning to take down. Anyway, the one side came apart, I went to local ace, found some cool outdoor wire nut connectors, may resoider it someday , but these have sealer in them , caps ,work good . anway, I have since worked lou, ea3ja in basolona spain, I had worked to rotundra, belgium , coasta rica, cuba, switherland. california. with ten wattts and a ncgtribander. the good news, is that with the dead tree out of the way , I raised it to 35 feet now , laddler line is perpendicular , looks and works great. I want to get there bazookas or dipoles for other bands ( my rig onelly has six and 15, which antenna loads up 1 to 1 with mfj mbile tuner ( yea I know its junk , but works great ) r8 coax buried , ground rod outside, got wildblue computer guy to run coax thru brick wall for me when intalled dish , so nice setup.. anyway antenna works great, like that it is insulated tough steel wire. ( took a licking and keeps on ticking ) hi hi .. great antenna,thanks again radiowavz just don't tell um, your useing a g5, ( not a real g5 ok ?) antenna and 10 watts !! 73kg4ymc I din't have to spend all my money on a step ir, butternut, ect. and can pay propertyt tax, talk on radio. support family, and eat ... thats aplus.

KI4CRA Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2007 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Super wire antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I don't know about the G5RV-E, but I have the 102' G5RV by RadioWavz, and all I can say is WOW! Now I've only had this thing up about 3 and a half months, and have not encountered any problema with it yet. I have mine strung up as an inverted "V" @ 30', for me and where I live tis is about as good as its going to get for the time being. As I was saying, my G5RV, I have worked across the US and some into Central and South America. I have about 120 degree spread on the legs, with it broadside North. I would eventually like to swap positions with my RadioWavz 67' OCF dipole. The OCF is up 36' and my G5RV is @ 30' as I said, don't know if it will make a hill of beans to move it up 6' but when I get to it I get to it. I would HIGHLY reccomend this to any one who is on a limited budget, or limited space, its a great antenna to get on the air with, and for $39 you can't go wrong. Just my thoughts on the subject, to each his own, for me I use it every day!

73 de Mark
AI4HO

N2ROT Rating: 2/5 Sep 1, 2007 21:36 Send this review to a friend
Save your $35  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The construction of this antenna is poor. It was up for less than two days before it broke about 4 feet from the center insulator. Ok, so I repaired it and then it broke about 1 foot from the end insulator, then I repaired it again. Then it came down again so I could put up my True Talk double G5rv. Thank God it arrived.
Back to the antenna. I was extra careful when I opened the bag to make sure there weren't any kinks in the wire. I noticed right away it was like trying to straighten out a slinky. I proceeded to unroll it and string it up only to have it break twice. I made sure it was not over tightened.
The only reason why I gave it a 2 instead of a zero is because I did not expect much for $35 and it did tune as advertised.It also performed as expected from a G5RV, only if was a little more sturdy then maybe a 5.
Save you money and buy a Truetalk.
73's

N3JBH Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2007 06:06 Send this review to a friend
Just Awsome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ok i am impressed. dont take this as bragging please but rather an review of what my first day of owning a Radio wavz G5RV-E antenna was like. First let me state total install time was less then 15 minutes. secondly it was built very nice. third it was very inexpensive ($35.00) and last but surely not least. i was working New Zealand and Austrailla on 25 watts That very same night. would i recomend this to any one? your dang gone right i would.

My Icom 746's built in antenna tuner tuned it on 80,40,20,15,12,10 and even though they dont claim it will in there advertisment 6 meters. ok 30 and 17 was not capable with the stock tuner but dang man for $35.00 how can you go wrong?

i for one am a supper happy customer. Jeff N3JBH