Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-925 Super Compact Intellituner Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-925 Super Compact Intellituner
MFJ-925 Super Compact Intellituner Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $179.95
Description: The MFJ-925 has been designed for today's compact home, portable or mobile ham stations. At just 6-1/2Wx2-1/8Hx8-1/4D inches, the MFJ-925 IntelliTunerTM specifically complements today's compact HF transceivers, such as the IC-706MKIIG, IC-7000, FT- 857D, DX-70TH and TS-50S. It can also be used as a stand-alone automatic antenna tuner for any transceiver that has an output power of 2-200 watts SSB/CW from 1.8-30 MHz with antenna impedances from 6-1600 ohms. With more than 10,000 non-volatile VirtualAntennaTM Memories, and MFJ's exclusive InstantRecallTM, IntelliTuneTM and AdaptiveSearchTM algorithms, the MFJ-925 gives you fast automatic tuning of unbalanced or single-wire antennas. Use an optional MFJ-911H, $29.95, 1:1/4:1 external balun for balanced feedlines.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-925 Super Compact Intellituner.

VK5LA Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2011 03:25 Send this review to a friend
Nice Surprise...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was getting a bit tired of manual band changes for every QSY with the Johnson Matchbox...

I had been looking for an ATU, because I wanted to change bands a lot more often than I had been, as I'd recently become interested in the WSPR mode.
Managed to pick this up for $120AUD as new, and as it was MFJ, wasn't really expecting much.
What a nice surprise to find that the tuner is a little gem, and will easily tune my 300 ohm ribbon fed multiband wire from the shack. It tunes quite quickly and usually gets me a green light <1.5 SWR indication on the front panel.
On a couple of the bands though, it was struggling to find a decent (<3:1) match so a made
a switchable 1:1 and 1:4 balun to take care of all possibilities - so now I just need to flick a switch for operation on 15 and 80 Metres.
I have mine controlled via the tuner port on my IC-7200 after making a cable (info is in the manual) and setting an internal jumper...I must say that it is very convenient now to just push the tune button on the rig and then operate! Tuning is almost instant if you've been on that frequency before.
It certainly gets a 5 for ease of use and the "Just Works" factor.
As it doesn't use latching relays it's probably more suitable for in-shack use as the current consumption can be rather high...
MFJ has a winner here...
Andy - VK5LA

K6DIL Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2011 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Great ATU  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have a 43' vertical on my roof, with 5 elevated radials. I use this tuner under the eave, at the nominal feed point for the vertical. I have a Bias-T with a switch at my operating position. I use the vertical for HF transmit and as the "noise" antenna for my phased receiver antenna array.

The tuner needs a couple Watts to make it go to work, so whenever I change bands I tune it with a QRP DX CQ. A Russian answered me last week.

I don't understand why anyone would spend another $100 for the MFJ "weather resistant" tuner, which is the same as this one inside. Build a doghouse or hang it under the eaves, and pocket the $100.

AD5X Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2007 06:36 Send this review to a friend
Another good auto-tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I;ve been using MFJ-994B and MFJ-929 auto-tuners for about a year now, and they've spoiled me so that I no longer want to use manual tuners. The new MFJ-925 appealed to me because I wanted something less expensive and smaller for portable operation. The MFJ-925 is just an MFJ-929 without the LCD display and only one output connector. It still handles 2-200 watts and it tunes virtually anything I connect it to. I have a more detailed review on my website at www.ad5x.com.