Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Jackite fiberglass telescoping poles/masts Help

Reviews Summary for Jackite fiberglass telescoping poles/masts
Jackite fiberglass telescoping poles/masts Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $55
Description: The Jackite Fiberglass poles were designed with quality and price in mind. Jackite changed the standard for fiberglass poles in three ways: 1) reinforced the butt section so it would not split 2) increased the wall thickness for less breakage, and most important 3) began to provide poles with a thicker tip. The Jackite Fiberglass poles are telescoping like an antenna. You extend the fiberglass pole out and twist the sections together to the desired length. For a shorter length pole, do not extend all the pole’s sections. All fiberglass poles collapse to 46 inches.

More info: http://www.jackite.com

You can write your own review of the Jackite fiberglass telescoping poles/masts.

NR9R Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2008 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Best for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree that the 31' fiberglass pole is a great product for the price. After looking at an MFJ pole at a hamfest I find the Jackite to be of greater quality and strength. The difference between the 31ft pole and others is the base section, about 2" at the base.

As far as the ability to support wire antennas, it will hold the end of a 18 AWG wire at the very top reasonably well. For a center support you can run ladderline up to about 25 ft. However, this will not replace your tower.

If the pole is to be a permanent fixture, stick a piece of PVC inside the pole to add some extra support to the first three or four sections and reinforce each joint with aluminum foil tape.

Using them for a rotatable dipole is also possible. I used two poles, each extended about 20ft and they survived the Wisconsin winter (snow didn't adhere to the smooth finish very well).

They are a great compliment to the military surplus mast sections the are readily available. I have gotten the best use of the Jackite pole by putting about 20' of guyed military mast and sticking the Jackite on top for a 50' wire support.

W3JJM Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2008 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Top value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I use mine (31' in black) off my upper deck at home and picnic table portable up in the mountains. This pole is easy to put up/down and is light enough than one can pick it up by the base and move it to the upright position even when fully extended. Great for inverted L antennas and the like. Just bungee it to a support or get the ground stake that Jackite offers.

Sturdy construction but should one happen to break a section Jackite will replace it for a
small charge. Flat black color so it is really
quite stealthy with trees in the background.

Collapses down to 48" so I'll probably get another one to keep in the trunk of the car.

N8TJC Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2008 12:41 Send this review to a friend
easy to use for portable or emergency setup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a 31 ft. Jackite pole that had had been setup with 12 ga flexweave wire running up thru the center of the poles. It was purchased for our county EMA Emergency Communications van. This can be setup easily by one person. the quality of the pole seems to be very good. I then purchased my own "basic" 31 ft pole from Jackite. I ordered it on a Wednesday and it was on my door step that Friday morning. The Jackite company gives great service and sells a quality product. Using either your own end fed wire or one of the Par end-fed wires this pole is great for emergency use or remote setups where you don't have a tree to throw your wire over.

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2007 13:53 Send this review to a friend
Works Like A Champ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my 28' tele pole based on the review of K0FTC. I need mine to support several Par End Fed antennas, and it works like a champ. Jacktite sells everything you need for a portable set up, poles, holders and ground mounts. They come in 13, 16, 20, 28, and 31 foot lengths. Perfect for dipole or sloper installations. I would think you will get several years of service as they are quite sturdy.

My first order was a test. I'll order several more now that I see what I'll be getting. Probably their "Platinum" version which is described as heavy duty. It is stated that it can flex 180 degrees, so breakage should not be a problem.

I THINK IF YOU TRY THEM YOU'LL LIKE THEM.

N6NKN

K0FTC Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2007 03:12 Send this review to a friend
Affordable and handy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used these poles and thier ground mounts two ways so far (home and portable vertical). I use a fully extended 31' pole (painted to match the house) with the ground mount at my home. I cut the tip off the top section and ran a 10 guage 32' copper wire up through the center, and use a LDG balun to connect the antenna and my ground radials to the coax. In my CCR neighborhood, it is easily disconnected and laid down and placed along and behind the top of my wooden fence out of view when not in use, but is a great 40+ mtr vertical (with LDG tuner) when placed upright in its mount. I have another 31' pole with ground mount that I use portable with the PAR end fed 20 mtr antenna. Very quick extension to 31', and with the Jackite ground mount has worked so far in fairly high winds, and I think would do so as long as you don't present a high wind load on the pole (use small guage wire). I've tried quite a few poles and masts, and this really works well. It is also very affordable as compared to other products I have tried, and if you break a section, it would be easy to replace. Very customer oriented and responsive company.