Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Ten-Tec 604 key/keyer Help

Reviews Summary for Ten-Tec 604 key/keyer
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $Not current model
Description: Magnetic keyer and paddle with adjustable speed,weight, and touch controls.

You can write your own review of the Ten-Tec 604 key/keyer.

N8NKC Rating: 4/5 Jul 10, 2007 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Good Keyer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this used at a hamfest for $45 dollars. I consider that a good deal for what you get.This is a keyer and key combination.

The keyer part has very good sounding CW that Ten-Tec is noted for.I think that the speed is adjustable from about 5-60 wpm.I keep the weight in the center at the 3-1 ratio. The touch potentiameter on the back panel governs how much effort you must make to key the rig. I keep mine at one-third of the way to have a lighter touch.

Unit is well made and circuit boards are designed well. It also has a tune button on top for keydown.

This only disadvantage of this key is that, unless you have an early Ten-Tec rig, you must make a female RCA jack to a mono male 1/4 or 1/8 inch connector cable assembly to mate with your particular transceiver and only push the male jack 1/2 half way in. Then you will be able to key with VOX. This is with my Yaesu Mark V, and you may have to use different cableling with your own transceiver.

Despite this, I view the Ten-Tec 604 keyer/key combination as a desirable addition to your shack.