Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G4ZLP ICOM CAT/CI-V Interface Help

Reviews Summary for G4ZLP ICOM CAT/CI-V Interface
Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $7.99
Description: A CAT interface allows PC software control of your radio.
Programming of HF radios with CAT capabilities is also accomplished by using a CAT interface and software suitable for your radio.
These interfaces use a unique design that makes it one of the most popular, best performing and versatile interfaces available !
Works at all baud rates and with ALL PC's / laptops with a comport.
Made using surface mount components on a high quality fiber glass PCB inside the connector cover.
More info: http://www.g4zlp.co.uk

You can write your own review of the G4ZLP ICOM CAT/CI-V Interface.

G3PSR Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2008 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Great product. Great service. Great value.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The CAT lead, USB interface and Digimaster Pro all worked staight from the box. They also performed well without any problems within the Ham Radio Deluxe environment, and have opened up a whole new world to me! The advice and delivery were first class. Great to do business with.

KE5LDO Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2008 06:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, as usual  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
epeat customer, Great service, as expected. Haven't had a chance to hook it up for Icom, due to flu. keep me on your new product list. Plug and play, as usual.

VE3FMC Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2008 04:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have now had some time to try the Icom interface from Neil on my IC-718. When it arrived I was heading on vacation so I hooked it up, opened up HRD, let it find the ports etc and there was my rig on the screen. Simple hookup and simple setup. Now I have had a couple of days to play with the HRD software I have found out some interesting features.

I am quite happy with this product. Save your money and buy one of these interfaces. Although I can not compare it to the Icom Interface I would say this one will do everything you need it to do. The only issue I have is I can not make the rig transmit with the software or interface. Other than that no other issues.

K0BX Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2007 08:40 Send this review to a friend
RigControl W/CW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
New computers means no comports. I added a 4 serial port and 1 printer port to my new Dell VISTA desktop computer. I had been using the 2nd printer port on my old computer for CW, but now I only have one printer port and am using it for the printer. So what to do? I ordered this RigControl cable with CW from G4ZLP. 1st one ordered got lost in the mail, but G4ZLP sent me another, no questions asked, he even said if the 1st one showed up to give it away at my next club meeting!.
As far as it working, I have a IC-756PROIII and am using Writelog for my contest program. It took only a few minutes to hook-up to the computer and rig. I had to set the CW comport in Writelog to the same port as the rig control. Within minutes both rigcontrol and cw was working.
Over the years, I have made several of these interfaces but I always had to use a DB-25 header so I would have room for the parts. G4ZLP has the parts for both in the 9 pin header. He also gave enough cable to reach the computer under the desk. A very nice job.
All I can say is that is worked as stated. You couldn't build one for this price.
Joe K0BX

AL7II Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2007 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Plug and Play Operation  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered my interface about a week before the Icom 7000 was released for purchase. He already had all the information he needed and it was less than a week before the interface was in my hands. (before I even was able to purchase the rig) It works fantastic, true plug and play interface. I take my rig portable and gives me a nice neat profesonal setup. His product is outstanding, and beats me why anyone would buy Icoms product! (Sorry Icom, love your radios, but third party acessories tend to be a better and much more econimical investment)
I am sure his interfaces for other radios are just as good.

W6VY Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2007 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Super Product and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the cable on Friday. Received it Tuesday, installed it and everything worked as it should the first time. Hard to ask for anything more. The price (15.00 including shipping) is hard to beat. Thanks Neil.

W5GW Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2007 20:13 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this on-line via a web auction site from G4ZLP. It was a very fair price at less than $15.00 (okay $14.99) which included shipping from the UK.

When you compare it to the one from ICOM that sells for about $139.00 it is a winner, hands down. Same functionality, good quality components, SMT pc board. How he can sell these and make a profit is amazing