Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-970H Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-970H
ICOM IC-970H Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3219.00
Description: ICOM's best VHF/UHF rig ever built
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-970H.

VE2PXP Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2013 12:37 Send this review to a friend
A jewel !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this great VHF/UHF base for about 5 months and I am really impressed about the quality of that radio. I sold my IC-7000 to return "to the base" and I really don't regret. Nice built, robust and great audio. Indeed, the IC-970H matchs very well with my IC-7800 from a Quality and size point of view. According to me, even in 2013, this is the best VHF/UHF base that you can get for your shack !

K6JPA Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2007 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one for several years and it has been a joy to use. I like the big box size and it feels and operates as a quality piece of equipment it was designed to be should. Mine has the optional UX-97 installed and it operates wonderfully. If you have the room for it, and find a clean one, you won't be disappointed.

KC0GCU Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2001 17:11 Send this review to a friend
get one if you can  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a 970 H, great radio for pure performance, quite , selective, well built, and you can add 1.2 Ghz. No DSP but I don't think much of DSP any way. If you can find one, you will like it, the dual hot receivers are nice.