Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Shakespeare 393 Marine HF SSB Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Shakespeare 393 Marine HF SSB Vertical
Shakespeare 393 Marine HF SSB Vertical Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $395.00
Description: A high quality three piece, 23' fiberglass vertical antenna. 2-30mhz, SSB, 1000 wt.
More info: http://shakespeare-marine.com/

You can write your own review of the Shakespeare 393 Marine HF SSB Vertical.

2E0MVD Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2014 06:05 Send this review to a friend
fantastic hf base antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all. I brought the Shakespeare 393 HF Vertical
Antenna at Newark Ham fest in the UK , I have just set it up ,with 30 Ground Radial , well I was really surprise our quite the Antenna was compeared to my OCF Dipole Antenna , on the Vertical, the noise level on 40m band is S2 but on the OCF it's S7/8 plus I broke a pileup on 15m
band in to the US. using 50 Watts . So if your looking for a vertical that won't break the bank,
go for the Shakespeare 393 marine HF SSB Vertical Antenna ,that works better than other verticals costing double or treble the price of the 393.
For me it's 10 out of 10 from me .
WELL DDONE SHAKESPEARE .

KH6VP Rating: 4/5 Feb 11, 2009 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent vertical for portable or mobile use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The website is www.shakespeare-marine.com.
This antenna, ups shipable in three sections is a great vertical and mobile antenna at low cost (I paid $170 from Amazon.com). It is 23 feet long and made of fiberglass enclosing a steel center.
It tunes 160-10 using any tuner (I use an ICOM AT-140).
Excellent quality and low cost, built mainly for the marine HF market. Without tuner it tunes to 10.8MHz.
I use it mobile using a mount from the company attached to the rear Jeep TJ bumper and held using fish line from the front bumper. It passes under highway bridges this way.
Great stuff!