Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet R S 560 Help

Reviews Summary for Comet R S 560
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.7/5 MSRP: $31.00
Description: Heavy Duty roof rack/Pipe clamp mount. Max Opening 1 7/8 x 7/8

You can write your own review of the Comet R S 560.

WA4JD Rating: 4/5 Jul 12, 2011 17:15 Send this review to a friend
Stable if unmoved  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this mount on my truck cap's ladder rack for 2.5 years. The first two years I lowered the antenna (for the garage) by pulling the antenna and hinging it with the internal hinge. The first antenna's hinge spring wore out, so now I'm lowering the antenna by loosening the screw on the RS560.
When I was "unstepping the mast" on the antenna itself, the mount was very stable. Now that I'm rotating the mount (and now that the mount is older) the allen screws are loosening more frequently. If it ever gives out completely, I will buy a new one.

N2RRA Rating: 4/5 Sep 30, 2007 10:52 Send this review to a friend
No problem!  Time owned: more than 12 months
K2AAU,

Your my bud and all, but so far so good.

It could be better, and I'm not going to rave about it, but it has served me well using a 40" ANLI VHF/UHF vertical. 70MPH hasn't bothered it one bit on my end.

N2XPM Rating: 0/5 Jul 16, 2007 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Poor quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased this mount for my SUV. I have had it on the truck for 2 weeks. The mount cannot withstand the wind lag from an antenna at 40" in height causing the mount to fail a number of times. Tightening and tightening more doesn't resolve the problem.

It could have been worse had I spent double the money!