Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet DS-150S Discone Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Comet DS-150S Discone Antenna
Comet DS-150S Discone Antenna Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$99.95
Description: Wide band Discone Antenna
For: 25 ~ 1500 MHZ
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/products.php?CatID=1&famID=5&childID=11

You can write your own review of the Comet DS-150S Discone Antenna.

N5OFQ Rating: 4/5 Aug 24, 2011 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Good for everything but 220mhz  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This discone advertises transmitting on everything EXCEPT 220 and for good reason. I tried it and it doesn't work well at all. My rubber duck inside the house works better. To be fair, it works well on all other advertised freqs and is solid construction. Works well on wideband receive.

KE5ZGI Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2011 21:06 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had this antenna for over a year now and WOW a great performer. Holds up to wind with no problems at all. I have had 0 issues so far. Used it for Tx on 222,144, and 440 bands. I use a Satellite arm and an extra three feet of pipe to support it.

N8GSJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2007 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Great all band antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well?...I have had my Comet DS-150S up for a month or a little more now...I initially wanted an antenna for APRS and packet that could free up my other Opek UVS-200 dual band vertical for rag chewing...I also have a TS-2000 and saw that this antenna covered 6 meters and 1.2 GHZ...Whats not to like about that?...I could get my feet wet on those bands and run a seperate APRS radios...So...My first thoughts were...how the heck do you adjust it?...Turns out that only the 6 meter top section can be adjusted for SWR and its preset to 51.0 MHZ and its pretty much flat across the whole 6 meter band...As a matter of fact its darned near flat anywhere I check on all bands with never more than a 1.2 to 1 SWR...A friend (N7VR) recently told me that every bench should have one for the reason that it is to flat and when you test radios you don't have to worry about your SWR...Great idea...I have worked all over the country on 6 meters and I can hit all the repeaters I was able to hit except one and luck would have that he is soon to move that one to a higher location...This thing is solid stainless steel would laugh at 150 mph winds...Its a no brainer...I only wish I had known more about it sooner...Oh...did I mention that AM and FM stations come screaming in on this antenna?...I couldn't even hear some of them on other antennas I have up...Cool!...Skynyrd on my FT897...

Gary