Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | ICOM IC-W31A Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-W31A
ICOM IC-W31A Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2/440 HT
More info: http://www.icomcanada.com/archive/amateur/ic-w31a.htm

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-W31A.

KF4LYE Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2016 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Great radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one of these for 20 years. I bought one the same day I passed my technician class license. I have not used mine much but it still works great. I have rebuilt the battery pack twice since I bought it and can no longer find the NiCad cells. A few months ago I found the Li-Ion replacement on Amazon and decided to give it a try. It came with it's own charger which plugs into the bottom of the battery pack. This gave this little radio new life and it works today as good as it did when I purchased it.

W9DPY Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2016 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Great, Reliable Old Rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was one of my first ham purchases many years ago. I would guess around 20 years. With full dual band operation, this H/T - along with an Arrow antenna - got me on the Easy Sats back in the early 2000's. Totally reliable - keep it if you have it!

KB5SXV Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2008 17:18 Send this review to a friend
GREAT HT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had two of them and still have one. My fault for messing the first one, accidently hooked it it wrong and it went poof. BAD misstake on my part. I would buy all I could get my hands on. It will cross band repeater and do anything you might want in a HT.
KB5SXV