Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | TransWorld Antennas TW2010 Traveler HF Portable Vertical Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for TransWorld Antennas TW2010 Traveler HF Portable Vertical Antenna
TransWorld Antennas TW2010 Traveler HF Portable Vertical Antenna Reviews: 77 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $399
Description: The TW2010 Traveler® is the perfect antenna if you are searching for high performance DX communications in a portable package.

Traveler® provides five-band, omni-directional communications in an easy-to-assemble package that requires no radial ground system or towers and is designed for operators requiring stealth performance.

The black powder coating assures stealth performance for Hams who operate in areas with deed restrictions or other areas prohibiting permanently installed antennas and towers.

A low take-off angle — an outcome of the modified-H design — produces maximum skip for successful DX transmissions and contact.

Traveler® can be assembled in minutes for either permanent installation on a mounting rod or temporary setup using a sturdy, optional quadrapod.

More info: http://www.transworldantennas.com

You can write your own review of the TransWorld Antennas TW2010 Traveler HF Portable Vertical Antenna.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2014 15:22 Send this review to a friend
ELEVATED TW2010  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've finally done what many have wondered about. I put a TW 2010 with control cables up in the attic and had my fingers crossed that it would work; do I have too much other stuff around it and would I have to re-tune the coils? No to both questions. I live in a single level home without a second floor. Therefore, the attic is where I have placed an Alpha Delta DX-EE and the Transworld 2010. The two are somewhat close, but not on top of each other. The Transworld sits above the kitchen. The antenna sounds better than the other antennas I have used. The band switching is true and accurate. Below are the results from My MFJ test meter:

28.300 1:4

18.110 1.8

14.225 2.2
14.240 2.1
14.300 2.0

Overall it looks descent and what needs a little lowering is not too difficult with the IC 756 PRO III on-board tuner. Good luck wIth your elevated TRANSWORLD.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2014 14:13 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENCE DEFINED  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes, I have had all of the Transworld products at one time or another. My TR farm is pictured under the "comments" section in the Transworld Antenna brochure, and it was a wonderful set-up. Unfortunately, the homes association gestapo found out and stirred the evil that lies in men's souls. I received a summons to attend a circuit court hearing and after paying $1,200 to the attorney representing the association, I was able to get it dismissed. I am now re-purchasing the TR system and having it placed in the attic. I still have a Backpacker model to move to the front of the house for another station set-up. My E-MAIL has been changed since my last review: glassterrence@yahoo.com Read what Gordon West has had to say about it. He has the last word on a great product.

K1QF Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2014 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Still Amazing  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this antenna for 6 years, and it still continues to amaze me with its performance. For five years I operated from an electrically noisy environment in Princeton, NJ with just 100 watts and HOA restrictions. There was very little DX that I was unable to reach. Contacting the Swains Island DxPedition in September 2012 was a very pleasant surprise. The antenna is now in Cape Cod in a small wooded area next to my house, and it is still knocking out DX - most recently Namibia and Senegal. This is THE answer for anyone with limited space or HOA restrictions. In these situations it is a bargain.

WA2OYG Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2014 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Impressive performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had heard about this little marvel from WB0SND when I was buying spare finals for my vintage TR-4CW. Read the reviews here but was a little skeptical (I am an engineer). I am antenna challenged because of HOA covenants and was running an end fed in my attic (an Ultimax 100). The attic location is stealthy, but noisy. The noise level was high on all my rigs (the TR4, TS 130S and TS590S). So I bit the bullet and ordered the remotely tunable 2010 with the portable base. Pricey, but I figured I needed options on 20 meters and higher frequencies. Am I surprised with how this little antenna works with the TS-590S!! It is on ground level inside a little plastic lattice-work gazebo structure I built around it to keep it even more stealthy (it looks like a big bird feeder, hi hi). I didn't bother to try to fine tune the 2010's coils, seeing by the specs the Kenwood's autotuner would take care of things. Now obviously propagation has a lot to do with it it, but if I can hear the DX, I can work it. Today, 15 meters opened up a bit and in short order I worked Mexico, Portugal, Spain and Austria (58 to 59) with 100 watts out. All I can say is that it works for me and would suggest that if you either need stealth or want an easily transportable antenna for Field Day or vacation, give this serious consideration. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

N3PZT Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2014 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My TW2010 is on an elevated mount on the top of an 8' pine tree stump about 50' from my house and works like a champ. I used a 45" section of 1 1/4" ID PCV pipe and the antenna is rock solid. VSWR's are near flat on all 5 phone bands, even at 400-500w with my Elecraft KPA-500 amp. I don't even need to use an ATU. Stewart WI3J

K3PRN Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2014 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Last Fall I began using my TW2010 Traveler antenna full time at my HOA townhouse site. I live in Annapolis, MD at about 20' above sea level. I have worked Australia, Japan, Scandinavian, Europe, South America, and Asian Russia. I am working on my DXCC and have about 70+ countries. I only operate PSK31 with 50 watts using a Yaesu Mark V Field, Signalink USB interface, and HRD/DM780.I realize that band conditions have been very good but the antenna really performs. The only cons are the price about $600 with the optional quad base and the require min. coax length of 75'. I can hardily recommend this antenna for people that are in HOA areas and or require a portable antenna that can be set up very quickly.

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2014 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Still Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update of my update. FT5ZM Amsterdam Island, got him on 12M SSB. This antenna continues to delight me. Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

W8BCJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Better than expected!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought late last year, but only got it set up at my Florida home today. Running 100 watts, worked a bunch of Caribbean stations, South Africa, Angola (Africa), several Europeans and South American stations. Used both CW and SSB, and made contacts on 10, 15, 17, and 20 meter. I live in an HOA community, and this antenna is perfect, so far. No complaints from the neighbors or HOA nazis. Check it out if you live in an HOA community; highly recommend it. Will be adding the 40 meter center section for my next vacation here, in May or June.

G0GDA Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2014 01:54 Send this review to a friend
TW2010L Great Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all
I am writing to express my delight in the performance of the 2010L antenna.
I called at the local emporium Martin Lynch & sons with a view to purchasing either a
Superstick or Buddy Stick - both around £160 GBP. I was steered away from those
products by Richard the boss and your antenna was recommended as being excellent.
The price over here in the U.K. had just been reduced to £299 GBP and was now excellent
value and 2/3 the price of the Buddy Pole which is etortionate at £450 GBP
I flogged the cat, sent the wife out to work - took a leap of faith and bought your antenna.
Yesterday - when there was finally a break in the rain for 5 mins I went up to a local park
and stopped somewhere in the car park the location is in Kent S/E England about 40 miles
East of London. ( Loc JO 01 HH ) The hight being around 200ft asl. I assembled the antenna in
about 2 mins flat - plonked it down anywhere adjacent to the car- set it to 10m and tuned round
the band. I was using an FT857 running off a stand alone car battery so only 12v not 13.8
therefore output power would be down. My first contact was RM22DX the OlympicSpecial Event
Station in Russia with a 5x9. I then had many contacts on different bands with reports never
less than 5x6. I finished my little excursion with a contact on 17m with Ross W1RAB in
Gloucester MA with a 5x5 / 5x6 - a fair old trip from S/E U.K.
To sum it up I was blown away with the results and would thoroughly recommend the
TW aerial to anyone and look forward to many hours of use - well done lads.

Nigel G0GDA U.K.

AC5G Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Quick and Easy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had the antenna for about 6 months now and have used it often for both fixed (at home QTH) and portable use.

I have mounted it using the supplied Quad feet and also on a balcony about 14 feet up. (It works about the same in either case.)

I have compared it to several other stealth and indoor antennas, many of them full size. In all cases the TW2010 outperformed or was just as good as the comparison antennas. In most cases it was actually significantly better. When limited to just DX, it was always better. (By a bunch.) The low angle works as claimed. BW on all bands is excellent.

It is well made and has held up well. I plan to order the 40M center section, soon.