Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | WonderPole Help

Reviews Summary for WonderPole
WonderPole Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$129-$250.00
Description: The Wonder Pole® is a composite material. We use a minimum fiberglass content of 70% which is then circular wound with additional fiberglass strands, using a trade secret method that adds tremendous strength, (excess of 75,000 psi) and prevents linear splitting commonly associated with other fiberglass poles. UV inhibitors are added to prevent degradation of the pole when exposed to the elements. Each section of the pole is wrapped with two layers of the highest quality Nexus® veil which prevents fiber bloom (slivers in your hand), and preserves the integrity of the outer and inner surface of the Wonder Pole®. The pole has nesting sections that fit inside of each other, and draw out to any desired height. Each section has our exclusive "stop markers" to prevent extending the pole too far. The sections are secured into place by turning the "Sure Lock" grips that are factory molded onto the pole. We do not use glue or rivets, which come loose, to keep the handles or fittings on the pole. The Wonder Pole® is non conductive, and does not have any of the electrical hazards commonly associated with metal poles. You can replace any part of the pole or add to the Wonder Pole® at any time. Add to this the low weight, superior strength, available accessories, styles, models, and colors available, and you have the best telescopic pole in the world today.
More info: http://www.wonderpole.com/

You can write your own review of the WonderPole.

W1YB Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2010 12:12 Send this review to a friend
90 day follow-up review  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Because of wind, weather, and all of the other enemies of an antenna system I have spent a GREAT deal of time manipulating the 40' Wonderpole.

It lives up to its moniker. It is a Wonder!

Either my XYL or I can lower and raise this mast alone in 5 - 10 minutes. It has withstood 60 MPH winds while supporting an 80 M, ladderline fed dipole. It has a 3-way 3/8" rope guy at the 30 FT mark. This level of wind destroyed my very well-constructed, heavy-duty dipole twice.

This thing is just the ticket for someone who can not erect a permanent tower and who does not have tall trees.

I love this thing.

W2FBS Rating: 4/5 Feb 20, 2009 08:18 Send this review to a friend
40 foot model  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this pole for almost 4 years now to support the feedpoint of my Carolina Windom. It is mounted on a small deck on the second floor of the house so I get about 50 feet of height that way.

It took a bit of engineering to figure out a good way to mount it on the deck, but after a few bad ideas, it has stood up well. We have high winds here on the shore of Lake Ontario so it was imperative to put up a Dacron guy line back to the house to keep the pole from swaying too much.

The sections tend to slip down, especially in the winter winds and cold, so I had to put a pin through each section to keep it from collapsing into itself.

All in all a very good solution for a wire antenna support. The flexibility of the mast, along with a loosely tied guy rope allows the antenna to move in the winds without damage to the antenna or the pole. I am glad I bought it!